You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR Sued For Copying Songs

Sky Dog wrote:

The suit asks for a halt to all sales and distribution of the platinium-selling "Chinese Democracy," which sold over 3.2 million copies worldwide.

interesting

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

to me it sounds that its the same sample but does it really have any impact on the song itself?

No. The song had been around for almost 10 years without it. It wasn't on the "demo" and it wasn't used during the live performances of the track. This was clearly tacked on right before the album got wrapped in cellophane.

of course axl may feel its de minimis and will take this guy to court to get it thrown out so he has to pay legal fees in the process

That's risky. The guy might end up getting awarded a songwriting credit.

The suit asks for a halt to all sales and distribution of the platinium-selling "Chinese Democracy," which sold over 3.2 million copies worldwide.

If this guy kept up with Best Buy and current sales charts, he'd already know that there was a halt to all sales and distribution months ago. 16

On a serious note, it definitely puts all parties involved in an interesting situation. If a judge agreed to pull CD from Best Buy shelves/landfills, it could spark a lawsuit on their end directed at GNR/Uni if they didn't send them a new pressing of the disc.

Sky Dog wrote:

he'll settle this for peanuts...maybe the same peanuts you are bringing to our picnic James!:laugh:

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I cant see it being the kind of publicity that encourages people to download Riad, most of what I've read has been mocking Axl and CD. Would be nice to be wrong though, the most far out and unlikely single on the album becoming its biggest hit big_smile

1. He demands a stop of the sales of Chinese Democracy.

2. He demands a stop of the distribution of Chinese Democracy.

3. He demands a stop from further pressings including the intro in Riad N' The Bedouins.

4. Oh... And he also want a mere million dollars.

5. What the FUCK is this guy smoking?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I remembered a post about the Riad intro being on Top Gear (UK car programme on TV), the video was pulled but I seen it and agreed it sounded like a piece of the Riad intro. The scene was somewhere up north and they were driving across a snow covered landscape.

Anyway, at the end of the thread someone identifies it as being from an Ulrich Strauss song, November 29 2008. Thats pretty quick work 14

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … h+schnauss

Then on December 17, someone else identifies the other part of the intro as another Ulrich Strauss song

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … h+schnauss

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

1. He demands a stop of the sales of Chinese Democracy.

2. He demands a stop of the distribution of Chinese Democracy.

3. He demands a stop from further pressings including the intro in Riad N' The Bedouins.

4. Oh... And he also want a mere million dollars.

5. What the FUCK is this guy smoking?

Judging by his soothing sounds, he must be quite the stoner 16

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

maguire22 wrote:

^^ Hehe... he's trying to suspend sales so they have to make a hurried offer, and maybe even timed this shit to cash in on the possible/probable whatever Asian tour.

Precious time...
 Rep: 2 

It must be a library synth sound they have both used, i cant see GNR ripping someone else's idea.

Riad has been out sooo long via live performances that this guy could have ripped it off and then claimed the credit!

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

maguire22 wrote:

Hmmmmn... in an interesting example of mainstream media being more even-handed (and accurate) than GnR fan forums, BBC news' headline is "Guns N' Roses sued over 'sample' "

Not "plagiarism" (HtGTH & MyGnr), not "copying songs".... a sample.

Just saying.... roll16

Board footer