You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNR Sued For Copying Songs

Axlin16 wrote:

If a tour happens at this point, they need to break out the vault, and bury CD.

It's cursed.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If a tour happens at this point, they need to break out the vault, and bury CD.

It's cursed.

"To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement... a bad dream where one wakes up only to find they are still in the nightmare."

Sky Dog wrote:

I would tend to agree...move the fuck on.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I don't see it affecting the tour, it shouldn't do anyway. Hell if it looks like it's going to settle out of court, even if they pay him the full $1 million they'll still make a tidy profit from the shows.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I don't see it affecting the tour, it shouldn't do anyway. Hell if it looks like it's going to settle out of court, even if they pay him the full $1 million they'll still make a tidy profit from the shows.

You never know what will effect the best laid plans of Mr. W. Axl Rose.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

someone on mygnr pointed out something pretty relevant (doesn't happen often):

Apparently, on Rock Band, this part of the intro is left out. I downloaded it on RB, by I seem to recall the intro being in, can anyone confirm this?

If that's true, that certainly helps this suit. They left out the samples from Maddy, too. Harmonix had all their bases covered, maybe that's what caused the delay of the release of the DLC.

Thats right, it just starts with guitars. I wouldnt be suprised if the intro was removed by GNR beforehand purely because of this case.
Madagascar is different because of all the movie quotes and MLK, apparantly Axl had to meet with MLKs family to seal the deal with regards to getting approval to use his speech. Mabye using it in something as trivial as a computer game is a big No No.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

After browsing the forums, one thing I've suspected for years has been laid bare, some of these people who do a hell of a lot of gum flapping on the internet, havnt got a bloody musical ear whatsever.

How can you not hear they are the same thing? 14

And about Rock Band...

I believe that the intro was "removed" (you do hear some of it) because you simply do not play it. It's not the first time that has happened.

The same thing goes for Madagascar since the quotes are in the way of the solo.

Again, it's not the first time something along those lines have occurred.

While that is my own theory and nothing else it's definitely not unrealistic.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … -a-sample/

Guns n’ Roses manager Irving Azoff has formally responded to claims the band illegally borrowed music from two songs by German electro artist Ulrich Schnauss on Chinese Democracy’s “Riad N’ the Bedouins.” As Rolling Stone reported yesterday, the Independiente and Domino labels announced they were suing the band for $1 million in damages, alleging the ambient noise at the top of the Gn’R track was created by Ulrich and used without permission. Today, Azoff said the band “vigorously contests these claims and intends to respond accordingly.” He added the band and production team’s legal reps will be responding soon, as well. His full statement follows:

“The band believed when the record came out and still believes that there are no unauthorized samples on the track. The snippets of ‘ambient noise’ in question were provided by a member of the album’s production team who has assured us that these few seconds of sound were obtained legitimately. Artists these days can’t read the minds of those they collaborate with and therefore are unfortunately vulnerable to claims like this one. While the band resents the implication that they would ever use another artist’s work improperly and are assessing possible counterclaims, they are confident this situation will be satisfactorily resolved.”

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

So it's a nobody's fault.

Board footer