You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNR Sued For Copying Songs

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

As already stated, its borderline aburdity/comedy that they don't feel the need to address the tour. Fuck, it could have been tacked on to the end of Azoff's statement on this issue.

Says much more about the tour than any Asian ticket agency could ever say. Don't bother throwing rehearsals in my face because this is their 2nd time doing that this year.

Maybe 3rd time's the charm.....

It looks to me like this tour is a trial balloon. If it sells out, they might show up. If it doesn't, welcome to 2001....

That reason right there is why I have been so reserved about getting excited about a new tour.

I'm not trying to be negative, it's just with GN'R, everything is "don't count your chickens, until they hatch". hmm

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Says much more about the tour than any Asian ticket agency could ever say. Don't bother throwing rehearsals in my face because this is their 2nd time doing that this year.

Rons cock teasing twitter post doesnt help matters either...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

“Artists these days can’t read the minds of those they collaborate with and therefore are unfortunately vulnerable to claims like this one.”

In other words, it isn't the band's fault at all, but it was someone they collaborated with.  2

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

from msn's canadian affiliate

Guns N' Roses Accused of Plagiarism

The band Guns N' Roses has been slapped with a plagiarism lawsuit.

According to Rolling Stone, the group will have to face court on charges of plagiarism. Axl Rose and his cronies have been accused of stealing parts of two songs written by German songwriter Ulrich Schnauss. The song Riad n' the Bedouins, a song from their Chinese Democracy album, allegedly strikes a resemblance to Schnauss's compositions.

The lawsuit was filed by two independent labels, Independiente and Domino, who are asking for 1 million dollars in damages and interest. They claim that a 45-second portion of Riad n' the Bedouins was copied from the Schnauss-penned songs, Wherever You Are and A Strangely Isolated Place.

The Ulrich Schnauss pieces date back to 2001 and 2003, respectively, while Chinese Democracy took 14 years in the making. Guns N' Roses must prove that their song was written before Schnauss wrote his.

These allegations are similar to those guitarist Joe Satriani pressed against Coldplay recently, regarding a song off their Viva La Vida album. The California court dismissed Satriani's case.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Anyone thinking this in anyway helps GNR are out of their minds and probably the same people in denial that this doesn't sound exactly like the other song.

Nothing worse than stealing someone else's music.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Anyone thinking this in anyway helps GNR are out of their minds and probably the same people in denial that this doesn't sound exactly like the other song.

Nothing worse than stealing someone else's music.

Who's saying it helps? 

Let's not get overdramatic with this case.  Is it a ripoff?  It certainly sounds like it.  But it's probably the least crucial or obvious case I've heard to date.  Seems like one of these pops up every couple weeks these days.  A few weeks back they played a Black Eyed Peas song on the Howard Stern show that sounded eerily similar to another song, I forget the title(s).  But once again, the entire song SOUNDED the same.  Not a 15 second intro.

-D-

-D- wrote:

yeah dude, but u are thinking that everybody knows what u  know. When people go on billboard or rollingstone or wherever, all they see is, GNR sued for stealing

50 percent of people don't bother to read the rest.

I had a girl trying to tell me today that Obama said women shouldn't have the right to vote cause she got it confused with what Ann Coulter said.

People already don't like Axl, so this just throws more fuel on top of that. now they will be like "Axl can't even write a song without Slash and Co without stealing from someone else.

we know its complete bullshit, but most people won't search for the facts.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Well, Rolling Stone spelled it out pretty well.  From the official reports I've read so far, they've been more than fair.  So if people are JUST reading the headline, yes they'll get the wrong impression.  But if they actually read the article they'll see that's it's not Satriani/Coldplay revisited. 

The people on these forums are freaking out and being nastier than the media who has picked up on the story.

Sky Dog wrote:

too comical...your exactly right Faldor. The Gnr boards are a joke....but then again so are most bands boards.

-D-

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:

Well, Rolling Stone spelled it out pretty well.  From the official reports I've read so far, they've been more than fair.  So if people are JUST reading the headline, yes they'll get the wrong impression.  But if they actually read the article they'll see that's it's not Satriani/Coldplay revisited. 

The people on these forums are freaking out and being nastier than the media who has picked up on the story.

I forgot,RS are the only magazine in the world.:rolleyes:

Board footer