You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: GNR Sued For Copying Songs

monkeychow wrote:

Why does one have nothing to do with the other? A law suit could require all kinds of negotiations and meetings before settlement, things that Axl might find easier in LA than Asia.

I look at it like this: The band doesn't *need* to tour, if they do it's because they *want* to play some shows.

The whole release of CD shows that they ignore what they "should" do or what bands conventionally do.

So if the band is playing these shows because they'd be fun to play and a bunch of legal and pressing bullshit comes up that requires decision making from Axl, I can see why he might postpone a tour to focus on that - especially if it was more of a working holiday type deal anyway.

Hopefully none of this happens. i'm just saying...it's basicly been Axl's band and him calling the shots for years now, so stuff that happens from a managment level - like getting sued - definately has potential to impact what goes down at gig time....I dont see them as seperate issues at all. Orginising this kind of behind the scenes shit is prob where axl is during the silent periods.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Theres a link out to Strauss's legal complaint:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PKN0ILUP

Thanks CoBrA2168

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Let the freaking out commence.  I'll get it started.
Rehearsals are finished, tour is off, Ron is out of the band.

bumblefoot - Back in NYC - radio gig with Lita Ford, meeting with printer (TAB book for my 1st album 'Adventures Of...'), Lita's listening party tonight.
about 2 hours ago from web

5efn8w.gif

Precious time...
 Rep: 2 

Ha ha..here we go!

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
faldor wrote:

Let the freaking out commence.  I'll get it started.
Rehearsals are finished, tour is off, Ron is out of the band.

bumblefoot - Back in NYC - radio gig with Lita Ford, meeting with printer (TAB book for my 1st album 'Adventures Of...'), Lita's listening party tonight.
about 2 hours ago from web

ron twitted that he's out of the band?

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I look at it like this: The band doesn't *need* to tour, if they do it's because they *want* to play some shows.

The whole release of CD shows that they ignore what they "should" do or what bands conventionally do.

monkeychow wrote:

it's basicly been Axl's band and him calling the shots for years now, so stuff that happens from a managment level - like getting sued - definately has potential to impact what goes down at gig time

I'd just like to use the end of your post to correct the beginning. There is no "they."

I know, that's not adding much to the conversation, but its kind've a pet peeve of mine to pretend that Axl's gunsa are any more legitimate than Hillary Duff's touring band.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

Ok, this is easily my favorite animated gif of all time. Thank you for that. Did you catch the Axl joke Colbert made on Tuesday?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Why does one have nothing to do with the other? A law suit could require all kinds of negotiations and meetings before settlement, things that Axl might find easier in LA than Asia.

Oh please. He has a legal team to deal with that, and they could even drag it out for years if they wanted to. You act like Axl's Matlock and he has to hover near a courtroom 24/7. Dude hasn't seen a court room in a coon's age, but apparently he's a disciple of Perry Mason.

Did VR cancel all their plans when they were getting sued years ago? Does anybody cancel everything due to legal bullshit?

The excuses that fans make for this band will never cease to amaze me. A butterfly just farted in the Andromeda Galaxy. Oh NOEZ!!!!!!!!!!111 Album number 2 has just been set back five years and there's no chance of a tour.

Fans give the band excuses before they themselves have to think of one.

If the band decides to take supreme idiocy to new heights, it will do so on its own merits and farting butterflies hovering through Andromeda are not to blame.

Now I think Faldor had a point about "freaking out".

Board footer