You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: GNR Sued For Copying Songs

Gagarin wrote:
war wrote:
faldor wrote:

Let the freaking out commence.  I'll get it started.
Rehearsals are finished, tour is off, Ron is out of the band.

bumblefoot - Back in NYC - radio gig with Lita Ford, meeting with printer (TAB book for my 1st album 'Adventures Of...'), Lita's listening party tonight.
about 2 hours ago from web

ron twitted that he's out of the band?

I think you missed the point, and simulatniously, proved the point.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Oh please. He has a legal team to deal with that, and they could even drag it out for years if they wanted to. You act like Axl's Matlock and he has to hover near a courtroom 24/7. Dude hasn't seen a court room in a coon's age, but apparently he's a disciple of Perry Mason.

Did VR cancel all their plans when they were getting sued years ago?

No.......but that's kind of my point. GNR doesn't operate like other bands. VR was putting out albums to fill their contract, they were touring behind them heavily.

Lets put it like this: Something causes the silent periods for GNR.

Given Axl is the leader of the band, I think its fair to speculate something causes Axl to appear silent to us for long periods of time. During those times...either....

(a) He's secretly working on behind the scenes detials we don't know about (eg, new band members, publishing rights, deals, tours, songwriting, meeting with lawyers to sort out legal issues etc)

or

(b) He's taking a back from GNR activities to live his life.

My point is that something like this happening is going to create more work for option (a) and potentially increase desire for option (b).

I'm not saying it's the end of the band or anything crazy like that. I'd guess Axl will bounce back like he always does. But it's definately another issue the band doesn't need.

It's not that I'm giving them a reason as the fan, it's that i'm looking at what I think is likely to happen based on what we know of how the band works.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

bumblefoot - Back in NYC - radio gig with Lita Ford, meeting with printer (TAB book for my 1st album 'Adventures Of...'), Lita's listening party tonight.

Allow me to continue:

Ron said he was going to be in LA for 70 nights. This should be have been about night 25. Could be a last minute plan change as a favour to lita or a weekend break from rehersals or something. But if he doesn't post as being back in LA in a couple of days it's a very bad sign for the ongoing rehearsals idea.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Fans give the band excuses before they themselves have to think of one.

When has the band ever given a legitimate excuse about anything?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

Allow me to continue:

Ron said he was going to be in LA for 70 nights. This should be have been about night 25. Could be a last minute plan change as a favour to lita or a weekend break from rehersals or something. But if he doesn't post as being back in LA in a couple of days it's a very bad sign for the ongoing rehearsals idea.

Agreed.  I wouldn't start "freaking out" because of this just yet.  Very easily could be a favor to Lita that was already planned before rehearsals began.

BUT, if he doesn't post that he's back in LA in a few days, man oh man.  Watch out for flying debris!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I still think Axl doesn't want the hassle of being famous anymore. Been there done that now he can just live comfortably with no headaches for the rest of his life.

God Bless him if that is the case.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

..or the Japanese shows are for the other Guns N' Roses. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xExwrLmH8Vs

or...Axl could just be cool and do shit like this. You wanna see guys who actually did real cocaine...:haha:

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think we've gone a bit far here. Yes, Axl (and not GN'R) is infamous for canceling and postponing major things when minor things happen. He lives in a different universe or a very bad liar. Yes, some fans accept every crazy excuse, and if there isn't any, they try to create one - a crazy enough excuse, traditionally.

As far as I know no cancellation has happened with the 'tour' (2 or 3 shows?). Alright, Ron went back to NY for some reason, but it's too early to say the tour is a no go, or Ron's out of the band.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ron being out of the band was a joke.

GN'R fans are way too serious.

Board footer