You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR Sued For Copying Songs

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Isn't that That One Guy?

Yep. I think that's the only person who plays a magic pipe. 16 It was either post that pic, or post pictures of bongs. 14

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Just saying, everyone is always running their mouths about how CD has all these great hits that are better than old GNR when in reality, no one outside of message forum losers give a shit about this band or album.

For the record another time: I run down Axl when he is doing dumb shit but I definitely don't dislike or hate him. I give credit when he does cool shit "Forum chats" and I am honest when he does dumb shit.

I am sorry if I keep shit real and don't sit around and make a bunch of lame excuses.

I am an Axl fan, when he does something good, I give him all the credit in the world, when he doesn't, I don't sugarcoat it and I could care less who doesn't like it.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

so you really care what other people think?  or did you mean Couldn't care less.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Isn't that That One Guy?

Yep. I think that's the only person who plays a magic pipe. 16 It was either post that pic, or post pictures of bongs. 14

That One Guy is pretty cool. I've seen him open for Bucket and also play in his band several times.

The pipe is a one-string bass, but it has buttons on it that activate other sounds and shit pretty cool.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
mickronson wrote:

so you really care what other people think?  or did you mean Couldn't care less.

I care what people think of course, I don't want to be misrepresented in what I say or do.

I am a HUGE GNR fan but I am not one of these ass kissing sycophants that bow down and make excuses.

If GNR are doing awesome things, I will be excited as hell and on board. When shit is going like it is now, I am going to tell u honestly what I think. Same as I have since day 1.

Do I change my mind? Sure, because I WANT to love this band. So anything they do that is positive, I am more than willing to be happy and excited about.

My point with the listening stuff is, I have let at least 30 people hear Chinese Democracy and I have yet to find just ONE person that has liked it.

so all this masterpiece talk and excuses for why it bombed to me are ridiculous.

Basically, the album is for hardcore fans but has 0 crossover appeal to casual or non fans... IMO

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The normal non-fan people I've played new GN'R stuff to really responded to the more trad stuff - TWAT, Street of Dreams, Catcher, even IRS. Shackler's... not so very much.

I can't wait to hear what happens during late night supper!

johndivney wrote:

gonna see ulrich schnauss in concert 2moro

i'll be sporting one of my Guns tshirts, probably..

Board footer