You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR tour dates in Canada?

Sky Dog wrote:

just a coincidence.....nothing to do with the possible concert announcement...and you need to hurry up and cancel all these shows Axl. They are being booked on two different continents now! 19

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

maguire22 wrote:

Next thing we'll all be reading fucking horoscopes and debating about Pluto circling Uranus....:cool:

Sorry but I sign on as a fan, who wants things straight, not a soothsayer or something, gimme a break....:headbang:

(Bad day - may be more mellow tomorrow!:mosh:)

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Mabye the promoters were visited in a dream by some weird naked indian?

"If you book them, they will come..."

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
sandman wrote:

i have 3 points/questions....

1. that countdown ends Monday morning at 7AM. not sure what time zone it is though. wouldn't be surprised if it's central, which would mean it's 8AM EST.

2. just to clarify, those gnr theatrical shows are just a total coincidence. they have nothing to do with GnR, they are not related to the announcement on Monday. they just happen to be occuring in the same country. is this correct???

3. it doesn't seem likely to me that they would tour canada and not tour the U.S. at the same time. possible, but not likely. so i see 2 possibilites - these are warm-up shows, or they are the beginning of a North American tour for the first half of 2010.

The banner I'm seeing is showing 1 day, 14 hours, and 27 minutes on the clock.  That equates to Sunday, 8am in my world.  Am I missing something?  How come everyone is saying Monday?  1 day from now it'll be Saturday, then roughly 14 1/2 hours from then it would be Sunday, 8am.  Correct?

Sky Dog wrote:

either way, Gnr won't announce anything so don't get your hopes up. The promoter may, but not Ax. I don't believe shit until the day of show arrives and it isn't called off. 17

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I don't understand this at all...what does this mean? Why do you assume that a concert is going to be announced? I'm not following the line of logic.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I don't understand this at all...what does this mean? Why do you assume that a concert is going to be announced? I'm not following the line of logic.

Because there's an ad on the site that says so.

I'm not really sure why there's so much confidence in it either. Last time something GNR related popped up on a Canadian site was when they were doing that contest where the winner got to see a GNR concert of their choice. It vanished without further comment from anybody.

I consider there to be zero shows until there's confirmation from Azoff or at least acknowledgment on the official site. Anything other than those two things are pipe dreams.

Earlier this year some radio station was promoting an upcoming tour with this:

59zytt.jpg

I don't think that ever happened.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Actually, James I think that concert advisory system is onto something.

WE could have a GNR concert code system similar to the Bush administrations terror alerts.

For now all, these shows are code Ginger which = unknown status. : )

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

That silly promo add reeks of fakeness all the way to the moon. The one at the Canadian site simply doesn't, but that's not the same as it's any shows happening

Sky Dog wrote:

come on, something is in the works.....it's better to have a glimmer of hope than nothing. If you really believe nothing is ever going to happen again then shut the Gnr section down and move everything to TWAT. The constant pot shots get old and NOT NOT NOT funny at all....just weak sauce. roll

Board footer