You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Your GNR dream set list

Sky Dog wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Dream Set list:

*new song*
*new song*
*new song*
*new song*
*new song*
*new song*
*new song*
*new song*
*new song*
*new song*
Ziggy Stardust

actually, I would take Axl at the piano doing Lady Stardust. 19

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

Jungle
IRS
Its so easy
Better
Mr Brownstone
Riad
Rocket Queen
Sorry
Out Ta Get Me
Madagascar
Coma

Perfect Crime
Catcher in the Rye
Estranged

CD
If The World
Paradise City

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Chinese
Jungle
Nightrain
SCOM
You're Crazy (Acoustic)
Civil War
Breakdown
Estranged
Dust N' Bones
DTJ
NR
Don't Damn Me
Shacklers
Riad
TWAT

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Rex wrote:

Chinese
Jungle
Nightrain
SCOM
You're Crazy (Acoustic)
Civil War
Breakdown
Estranged
Dust N' Bones
DTJ
NR
Don't Damn Me
Shacklers
Riad
TWAT

Take out CD, Shacklers, and Rhiad and you've got a hell of a show.  Now all they need is to get the guys that actually recorded the songs to play them...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I think the setlist or group of songs rehearsed  will be the same as 2006.

I agree, and fans(especially those buying tickets) need to prepare themselves for that reality.

To be honest, that doesn't even bother me anymore. I used to want them to concentrate on new material(Audioslave v 2.0), but now that the album is finally out I don't really care. The 2006 setlist is suitable for what the band has become. If they came through Sac or Frisco with that 2006 set, I wouldn't complain as I have adjusted my expectations.

I'll pipe dream for a second....

Chinese Democracy
It's So Easy
Riad
Better
YCBM
Yesterdays
Civil War
IRS
SCOM
The Garden
Patience
Double Talkin Jive
Jungle
If the World
Sorry
Estranged

with Izzy:

14 Years
Dust N Bones
Paradise City

For those wanting to hear the full album, will never happen. If it did, it would be at select club shows where that is the selling point.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

What I think they should do is get on a national radio show or something for VH1 and play the entire album live from a studio while mixing in only a couple of the major hits from the old band.  They could control the sound the way they wanted and introduce people to the album properly.  Even though I think the album blows with the exception of TWAT, there is an audience for this album out there...they just need to make an effort to find it.

Then they can take the CD tour on the road.  They may butcher the shit out of some of the old songs, but they play their songs well for the most part.  That's what they need to create a market for.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Theres no way the setlist will be the same as 2006, If The World, TWAT, Catcher, Scraped, Sorry, This I Love and Prostitute will all be added and things like Out Ta Get Me, Used To Love Her, My Michelle, YCBM, Think About You and mabye even Patience will go on the back burner. Lose a few guitar solos and you can get Estranged, Civil War and Breakdown alongside the classics previously played.

You read it hear first folks smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

The site just crashed for me and I couldnt post for 5 minutes

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What I think they should do is get on a national radio show or something for VH1 and play the entire album live from a studio while mixing in only a couple of the major hits from the old band.  They could control the sound the way they wanted and introduce people to the album properly.  Even though I think the album blows with the exception of TWAT, there is an audience for this album out there...they just need to make an effort to find it.

That should have happened last November-December. They could have went on Radio 1 and performed nothing but CD songs. There is a show called World Cafe that M.I.A. was on last year and she only performed tracks from the new album. Another massive missed opportunity(although this could still happen) is going on Itunes and doing a live session, which is a mini concert in studio that is an Itunes exclusive. You just perform 4 or 5 songs(its an EP) of your songs. This is mainly marketed towards hardcore fans, but could definitely be successful as most would buy it to hear the live tracks in pristine quality.

There's so many little things they could do like that and it wouldn't even require that much effort.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Kind of a dream, kind of realistic. We'll anyone can judge...

1) Shackler's Revenge
2) Better
3) You Could Be Mine
4) Don't Cry
5) Civil War
6) Yesterdays
7) If The World
8) Bad Obsession
9) Breakdown
10) Catcher In The Rye
11) Sweet Child O' Mine
12) Locomotive