You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Your GNR dream set list

James wrote:

I do agree that Axl needs to move on from AFD and should have done so eight years ago, but even if he moved on, you'd probably still get at least five tracks from it. The big three obviously, with It's So Easy and Nightrain. I don't think any of those listed will ever be taken out of a GNR set list, regardless of the lineup.

Also agree it was a crime to not perform Dust N Bones in 2006-07. He definitely needs to dive into UYI and at this point I think I would prefer a UYI heavy set over a CD or AFD dominated set(although I do believe CD deserves the spotlight).  If Izzy comes back, its time to whip out three songs....

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

14 years would be kinda funny...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Here's my setlist...

Mr. Brownstone
Sweet Child O' Mine
Bret hart's entrance theme music
Build me up buttercup
My World
Nice Boys
Move to the City
Reckless Life
Mama Kin

Jazz Fusion intermission w/ Ron, Beta and Dizzy

Mama Kin
Mike tyson's punch out theme
Bongo solo
Ironic (Alanis Morrisette cover)
5 bar blues

Encore
Two tickets to Paradise
A-ha's Take on Me

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

That is one GNR show I probably wouldn't go to, though I would love to hear their rendition of Mike Tyson's Punchout theme.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think Axl doesn't like the UYIs or the memories from that era, that's why he almost ignores them. He could play his UYI songs though.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I think the early focus was to get the band well acquainted with AFD, that's why they re-recorded it.  So they played most of that album since they, and casual fans, were most familiar with it.  And they sprinkled in some of their own new songs.  The UYI's were great, but they don't hold nearly as much weight with the public as AFD.  They played the big hits, but there isn't a public outcry to hear "Dead Horse", "Breakdown", or the likes.  Even though I LOVE those songs, the general public probably doesn't agree.

Though, I must say.  Upon leaving the MSG show in 2006 I did hear some people saying they wished they played songs like "Civil War" and "Estranged".  So maybe I just disproved myself with that memory.

Anyway, hopefully they play more of the newer songs this time around with some of the classics mixed in.  I wouldn't expect them to abandon AFD though and turn to the UYI's.  I don't see that happening.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Axlin, there is not a chance the band could get away with only the big three from AFD. They could have maybe just done it in 91-93 and even then they always played more than just the big three. 5/6 from AFD every night maybe 6/7 Illusion songs and then a few CD songs, throw in Patience, a couple of solos, maybe a new cover song and that could be a set they could get away with.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Axlin, there is not a chance the band could get away with only the big three from AFD. They could have maybe just done it in 91-93 and even then they always played more than just the big three. 5/6 from AFD every night maybe 6/7 Illusion songs and then a few CD songs, throw in Patience, a couple of solos, maybe a new cover song and that could be a set they could get away with.

How many are a few CD songs?  I'd hope they'd play at least the 5 or so they played in the past PLUS some others.

Sky Dog wrote:

For an arena show, 6 cd songs is fine with me out of a 20 song set. I just hope they don't play Madagascar and SOD anymore.

faldor

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

For an arena show, 6 cd songs is fine with me out of a 20 song set. I just hope they don't play Madagascar and SOD anymore.

I'd hope for 6-9 new songs.  But I'm with you, IF that's the number I hope it's not the 6 they've played before.

Board footer