You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Canadian Tour Openers - Bach and Danko Jones

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

Hopefully, thought, this means they'll perform 'Sorry

I don't want Baz anywhere near that song. His contribution is too minimal to require his contribution in a live setting.

If Baz is the opener on a U.S. leg, I'll be showing up long after his set is over. I don't want to see him onstage at all. I also hope My Michelle has been dropped from the setlist.

Had they not canceled my show in 2006, I wouldn't even be interested in this. While Axl is my favorite singer, I'm not the type interested in seeing identical shows from the same band.

So barring a cancellation, I'll be going to one show here in Cali.

To entice people to go to multiple shows, the set list needs a major overhaul. Even if AFD is still going to dominate, there needs to be some sort of rotation.

One of the reasons I may skip this show.  Even though I miss Baz's set on purpose.  Odds are that not only will I have to hear Mr. Annoying through Rocket Queen but through Sorry as well.  And if I don't miss his set.  After you'r done with the one hour torture.  You know it is not quite done yet.  And quite franctly life is way too short to put myself through such an ordeal.  3

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

when people say "unheard songs" I'm associating that with unheard as of yet live...

anywya like i said if we can get 8-10 cd songs a night i'd be an extremely happy camper....i've long been an advocate of wanting to see the new band play the new songs...dont get me wrong though they gotta keep some classics, but break out the CD shit guys!!! 5

and i'd love to see them drop KOHD and LALD....but it aint gonna happen, there are too many people who love those tracks, even though the die hards may not, the casuals do

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

One of the reasons I may skip this show.

you'd really not attend because of an opening act? really? say what you want about the guy but baz is a genius metal vocalist

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Baz is far from genius. He does have an incredible set of pipes thought but he is no genius, in fact he is the opposite.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Baz is far from genius. He does have an incredible set of pipes thought but he is no genius, in fact he is the opposite.

i said he's a genius vocalist...meaning he has an incredible set of pipes 16

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

One of the reasons I may skip this show.

you'd really not attend because of an opening act? really? say what you want about the guy but baz is a genius metal vocalist

*cough*  Genius?  I respect your opinion man but seriously I couldn't disagree more.  At one point he was a good performer cause like I said I like Skid Row.  But over the last few years Baz really has found many ways to get on my nerves.  So like I said yeah I think I'm gonna skip this tour cause Baz is an opening act cause you know that it is not gonna stop there and that he'll probly have 1 or 2 songs with GNR.  And my desire to see Baz on stage is as high as my desire to see Celine Dion on stage.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Just for the record - Danko Jones and Bach are confirmed (their website lists the dates).

Sky Dog wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Now that they've unboxed Baz yet again for this tour, its looking less likely  that I'll be getting my wish that they'd throw everything into promoting the tour and even release a video.
Its looks like the tour promotion will be phoned in just like the "monumental" album campaign was. Here was me hopefull for 2 vids as well, duh 11

They even logged into myspace yesterday and didnt add the tour dates, never mind update gnr.com. Does it really take such a monumental effort to do these things?

Fuck it, I'm off to bed to try revisit the Catcher In The Rye video I saw last night...

Olorin, your Scottish/Irish drinking ass should have known to not expect anything.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Brett wrote:

Just for the record - Danko Jones and Bach are confirmed (their website lists the dates).

Too bad Axl didn't decide to bring the Suicide Girls this time around.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Brett wrote:

Too bad Axl didn't decide to bring the Suicide Girls this time around.

Nah...i disagree...they were entertaining for about 3 or 4 minutes...and they certainly don't add to the people who come to a venue for the show...no one comes because the suicide girls were there.

And seriously...how entertaining can fake stripping be?

Board footer