You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Re: Here's all the important DJ Ashba answers from the chat

when asked is he met Axl .... says he has known Axe for "10 years" and his is "one cool motherfucker"

when asked if he plays lead .... says he is a "lead guitar player" and "will be taking about 13 les pauls on tour"

when asked if he is playing any new songs.... says he has been practicing about "40 gnr songs"

when asked has he seen axl lately and how is he?..... "YES HE IS GREAT!"

when asked if he is excited about touring .... Says " the show is going to blow your minds, it is great" says the "band is tight as fuck"

when asked what is the one song he cant wait to perform live .... says he "loves this i love"

asked stage left or right, says.... "if your in the audience ill be to your right, where i always am"

asked what the stage show is like ... says "come to the show and find out"

says... rehearsales are everyday and are amazing

DJ you know canada is cold right?? says " i know its freezing(canada) and i hate the cold"

asked him to give us a shout out he ......says "Hello to the GNR forum, thank you for all the love and support that you give too me! Cant wait to meet you all!! see ya soon"

says .... Axl has put together a monster band, I have been around along time, and these guys are brillant musicians! Its a pleasure to be apart of something so great!"

when asked is Axl fat(I know stupid) says ... Axl looks great and sings better than ever

asked who is playing drums says ... "Frank"

Says ... "I will be updating my site with tour dates"

asked about tour webcast or dvd says ..... "I will be doing webcast on my youtube channel from the road"

when asked about BH says .... "I think Bucket is a freak of nature on the guitar, hes amazing!"

if he's recording new songs with the band... "youll have to wait and see"

asked where GNR are going next says .... "asia"

about the braids (Axl's I assume)... "come to the show and see"

------

I'm extremely happy to see bandmembers like DJ and Ron actually answering questions. Kudos to DJ for this. A lot of good answers.

40 GN'R SONGS! WTF!

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I can't wait to hear him perform This I Love. Fucking amazing song, and I'm sure he'll be able to put more heart into that Robin solo.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Some great news in there. Thanks for posting. I guess its all of AFD+CD+some of UYI!!! Pretty cool.....I can't wait to hear this version of the band live....I have a lot of faith in DJ to bring back the blues sleaze to the solos.

ps. TIL live would be awesome.

God I hope us poor bastards at the other end of the world get some boots or some pro shot footage or something!

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

That's just the reason I'm excited, chow man, I think DJ will bring this band together. If it was Robin, it'd be bittersweet. I have faith in the new guy. I might be wrong, but I have faith. I wish someone would have asked him if the TPB would be making an appearance, though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

40 new gnr songs?

Awesome. I guess this means he'll be re-recording Robin's parts on the next album after all.

Coolest guy in GNR, from a fan perspective. He actually talks like its a band.  That's kind of refreshing, even if he is an employee, its better than a guy who says he can't/won't or is afraid to talk about the band that he's in.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

when asked if he is playing any new songs.... says he has been practicing about "40 gnr songs"

Sounds like we may luck into a rotating set list where alternates actually get played. That is pretty much best case scenario regarding the songs at this point.

asked who is playing drums says ... "Frank"

We already knew this, but it sucks to see it confirmed(again).

Brain, you will be missed.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Now if they play all 40 songs on the road it looks like we're getting a rotating set list which is perfect. Also a webcast would be pretty cool.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

40 new gnr songs?

no, just 40 gnr songs.

wouldn't be comfortable jumping to conclusions about how cool this guy is for Guns, is not the first and only chat he's done where he's answered a good few Guns questions? given the attention Bumble has given the fans since joining the band i think it's a little unfair to bitch about him these days.

i'm also looking forward to TiL live. i actually really love Robins solo on the record and am a little sad he will never get to play it live. (but then you wonder how much of the solo he really wrote and how much of it was piece together, a la the Stardust solo which he was never able to replicate perfectly live). hope DJ knocks it out of the park, epic like slash on the piano on nov rain kinda shit.

if this tour does hit the ground running and avoids any major trauma's, i believe strongly there is potential for Guns to re-blow minds. i'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out. interesting talk from dj.
(i don't think we'll see all 40 songs played, and it'll probably be a relatively settled setlist, but if things go well...)

(anyone actually heard any Beautiful Creatures? i'm sure there's been talk on them on here before, but i'm only thinking about it now and i'm not near the search button.. well i am as near to it as i ever am, but i'm writing this message and can't move to it..)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Stop Press: Axl in rehearsal shocker!! 18

Seriously though, they are still rehearsing? Sounds like someones lit a fire up their collective asses and they mean business.

I think they are going to sound immense this time around!!

Board footer