You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: From sebastianbach.com

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

AIC are has beens too.

I guess my standards are tough. To me, a U2 is NOT a has been, but is getting there. Slowly Metallica are slipping into has been territory.

Sorry U2's last album was good but wasn't that succesful commerically, has-been.

Metallica sorry by your logic they were has-beens when St Anger came out.

If we're using the Axlin kinda logic only the freshest of todays fresh music stars aren't has-beens.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

AIC are has beens too.

I guess my standards are tough. To me, a U2 is NOT a has been, but is getting there. Slowly Metallica are slipping into has been territory.

Sorry U2's last album was good but wasn't that succesful commerically, has-been.

Metallica sorry by your logic they were has-beens when St Anger came out.

If we're using the Axlin kinda logic only the freshest of todays fresh music stars aren't has-beens.

Most of today's "stars" aren't even real.  They are manufactured money machines.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Wow, Axlin, I agree with you on almost everything you post here (except for the political stuff, sorry...), but u2 becoming has been?

I saw U2 a couple weeks ago here in Houston (I know, I know, but Joshua Tree is my girlfriend's favorite album) and they nearly sold out Reliant stadium. I had to pay 100 bucks a head to sit on the third level deck because I got my tickets a couple months after they went on sale.

No line on the horizon isn't the most successful album in the world, but it wasn't a flop. U2 is running the most profitable tour in the world this summer, Bono is a worldwide brand/icon, and they can still put the soccer mom asses in the seats. By what measure are they approaching has been status?

Metallica? Death Magnetic was one of the best selling albums of 2008. Not the biggest year in the music industry admittedly, but again, by what measure? Compared to St. Anger, that album was a god damn masterpiece.

As far as AIC, they never really had crossover mainstream appeal the way those other bands did. Huge in the grunge and rock scene in the early 90s, yes, but comparatively, they were a "never was."

GnR might be "has beens," but lets wait for the tour, possibly some real promotion, and maybe even a reunion eventually.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

so, has gunsnroses.com been updated yet? 13

Does an ostrich eat corned beef hash?

Sky Dog wrote:

an irish ostrich might! Too funny. big_smile

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

so, has gunsnroses.com been updated yet? 13

Does an ostrich eat corned beef hash?

If it does that would be a good call. Corned Beef Hash is tasty. Unfortunatly GNR rarely makes good calls.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

LOL @ arguing "has-beens" on a Guns N' Roses board.

Time to step outside and get a breath of fresh air.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

This thread has gotten way out of hand.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

This thread has gotten way out of hand.

Fair point, but there's only so much that can be said about Baz. Its not like his site is constantly being updated with GNR info.

Baz threads always get offtrack for that very reason. Once his lovers love and his haters hate, threadjacks take place.

Board footer