You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: From sebastianbach.com

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I'm hoping that Baz on tour means they'll replace michelle with Sorry..i'd love to hear baz turned up a bit in the mix on that tune cuz from what i can hear on the album is pretty killer 9

I agree, I think he adds a nice touch to the song.  And I wouldn't mind seeing "My Michelle" exit the setlist, at least as a primary song.  Have "Sorry" be the constant Baz collaboration.

I know this'll probably get a big fat NO!  But what about Baz doing Shannon Hoon's backing vocals on "Don't Cry"?

Why would you wanna ruin Don't cry?  Not that Baz in talentless vocally but I don't think he's right for Hoon's part.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah I wasn't sure, that's why I posed the question.  Not sure if it'd be necessary, just wondering if he could pull it off.  Just looking for ways to get Baz away from "My Michelle" yet keep him involved and get some different songs in the set.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah I wasn't sure, that's why I posed the question.  Not sure if it'd be necessary, just wondering if he could pull it off.  Just looking for ways to get Baz away from "My Michelle" yet keep him involved and get some different songs in the set.

Keep him involved.   Let him do the soundcheck.  tongue  The song Sorry could be nice since he sang on it (even though I can't hear him).  I don't mind My Michelle though.  But Baz on don't cry.  Maybe I could be surprised.  But his voice is too powerful to pull Hoon's part.  Just my opinion.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Slash has eclipsed both GN'R & VR... wow, pass me the bong, that must be some good shit.

Axl & Slash are on an even keel in 2009... both are 80's/90's has beens.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't agree with that at all.

Axl and Slash both get a lot more respect than that. They're not treated like Janie Lane, dude. Has beens don't get their own Rockbands and put on the cover of Guitar hero and countless magazines and shit like that...

And both of their recent albums charted pretty friggin well. Well... Libertad, wasn't that great... But you get my point. Slash is far from a has been.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

True, granted they aren't Jani Lane territory, or any other of those guys.

But they ain't exactly doing stadiums like U2 either.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nope. You're right there. But very few people are at that level.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah I mean, I may not approve of everyone Slash plays with, everything he says, everything he does.  But who the hell am I?

We are the fans and have every right to express our opinion. Being a fan does not mean you need to be a fanatic zealot, who supports everything the unquestionable GOD and his priests do. There is a site for that, but that's not my cup of tea. I'm a fan and you're a fan, because we love what these guys gave us, the music. More or less like the products of the last 15 years. But not liking CD or Slash's or Izzy's career does not make you a 'non-fan', or, at certain sites, a 'heretic', who need to be killed (ie. banned). If I'd badge anyone with the non-fan stigma, it'd be those who try to rewrite GN'R's history and those who constantly love the last fart by one member and his puppets, and hate the other, even if he gets the Nobel prize.

Well, I'm a massive Slash fan, his playing gives me something only other artist gave in such a huge dose (Tori Amos big_smile). But even as a Slash supporter, I think he made a lot, lot, lot of bad decisions and still makes them. I don't think he'd have sold his integrity, cause I'm sure he doesn't get a buck from all these artists he plays for. He just does not  take care of his reputation. I wouldn't mind him playing with Fergie, cause the chick actually can sing. But the Pussycat Dolls girls is a bit much, even for a one-off live performance (side note, for some people it was ultra cool, when Axl took The Suicide Girls with GN'R as an opener. No, it wasn't.) Back to Slash: unfortunately he risks his guitar god status with playing 3rd rate nobodies and appearing multiple times in stupid tv shows. You just don't play with Ray Charles AND Paula Rubio. I think he's strongly influenced by Perla, but he should say fuckin' no, otherwise he'll be the next Ozzy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Yes, I think both should find the balance somewhere between doing nothing and doing everything.

Board footer