You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

monkeychow wrote:

It does imply that. Perhaps it relates to what access the fans will get backstage. Be very interesting to see what develops.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Posted by Jarmo - after all this thread is supposed to be about ticket sales right?

Access Entertainment, which is behind the show, said in a press release that of all the foreign rock bands it has helped bring to town in the past, none have enjoyed as much attention as Guns N’ Roses. Officials believe that the concert will prove to be a satisfying experience for both the older generation that idolized the group in the 1990s as well as the younger generation that has discovered GNR relatively recently.

“Tickets sales have already broken records set by other successful concerts we organized earlier in the year, like the Lady Gaga show this August,” Yvette Moon, a manager at Access Entertainment, said on Monday.

JoongAng Daily

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Cool. Hopefully it's truthfully selling well, and not spin.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

"Tickets sales have already broken records set by other successful concerts we organized earlier in the year, like the Lady Gaga show this August,”

Fuck off. BROKEN RECORDS? Set by Lady Gaga this past summer?  Obvious bullshit and obvious spin. Just fucking say the shows are selling well if that's the case. Not this smoke and mirrors comment.  Does anyone actually believe Lady Gaga has any substantial touring record when it comes to ticket sales and does anyone actual belive Gn'R are breaking sales records?   My God the statemnet is a  joke.

"The shows are selling well as expected" would've been just fine but that garbage? laughable.   I'm not blaming Gn'R for that though. that's just a  stupid fucking coment by the ticket agency rep.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I actually agree. Breaking records in touring aspects means sellouts in record time. That clearly isn't happening or they would have mentioned it. Comparisons to Lady Gaga are funny because its widely known that while she is THE hot pop artist at the moment, her record sales and massive amounts of paid internet downloads of her singles are simply not translating into huge ticket sales for some reason. She is on the verge of kicking off a U.S. leg of her tour, and a LOT is going to ride on that. Gaga may have to just turn into a recording act and skip tours with the exception of festivals and clubs.

The most interesting line of that article(which is being omitted from forums) is this....

While some music fans might categorize the group as yet another ho-hum act way past its prime - the band has been around for 24 years, after all - the concert organizer sees it in a different light.

Translation:

Joe Blow: not too impressed and sees the sky is blue

concert promoter: hopes you see the sky is red before showtime.

I'm not being a "hater" by pointing this out. I have said since these Asian/Canadian dates were announced that I hope they are a huge success because a possible U.S. tour is obviously gonna ride on how well they do in Asia and Canada. I would LOVE to see Axl in concert at least one more time. However, like Bono just said, just tell people that tickets are selling instead of acting like touring records are being shattered. When you can still buy tickets to shows this long after they've went on sale, NO records are being broken.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

just checked copps show agian on ticketmaster and they must've released another block of tickets cuz there are floor seats available again

toronto gig is showing rear of lower bowl seats available still

london, ON has floor seats available, again as well

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
faldor wrote:

Posted by Jarmo - after all this thread is supposed to be about ticket sales right?

Access Entertainment, which is behind the show, said in a press release that of all the foreign rock bands it has helped bring to town in the past, none have enjoyed as much attention as Guns N’ Roses. Officials believe that the concert will prove to be a satisfying experience for both the older generation that idolized the group in the 1990s as well as the younger generation that has discovered GNR relatively recently.

“Tickets sales have already broken records set by other successful concerts we organized earlier in the year, like the Lady Gaga show this August,” Yvette Moon, a manager at Access Entertainment, said on Monday.

JoongAng Daily

This comment is about the Korean show...I assume you know that....a place the brand Gnr has never played I believe. Korean sales won't equate to Canadian sales.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:
faldor wrote:

JoongAng Daily

This comment is about the Korean show...I assume you know that....a place the brand Gnr has never played I believe. Korean sales won't equate to Canadian sales.

Yeah I know.  I'm sorry I didn't specify that.  I thought it said that somewhere in the article. 

Not sure if James and Bono still feel the same way, but the article was simply stating that tickets for GNR were selling better than Lady Gaga in Korea.  That's not exactly "breaking records all around the world".  Sorry if I misled anyone into believing that, wasn't my intention. 

They're selling really well in Korea apparently.  Canada obviously seems to be a different story.  As madagas said, they haven't played Korea in years so that's to be expected.  IF the South American rumored dates happen I'd expect those to sell real well too, since it's been awhile for them as well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

Not sure if James and Bono still feel the same way, but the article was simply stating that tickets for GNR were selling better than Lady Gaga in Korea.  That's not exactly "breaking records all around the world".  Sorry if I misled anyone into believing that, wasn't my intention. 

They're selling really well in Korea apparently.  Canada obviously seems to be a different story.  As madagas said, they haven't played Korea in years so that's to be expected.  IF the South American rumored dates happen I'd expect those to sell real well too, since it's been awhile for them as well.

Not trying to rain on parades, but this agency comparing them to an artist who has difficulty moving tickets anywhere is not a good example to use when proclaiming records broken and its not fair to GNR either.

Its the equivalent of some U.S. agency saying Bruce Springsteen broke U.S. records by selling more tickets than GNR did in 2002. No shit Sherlock, but you forgot to mention U2, The Stones, McCartney, AC/DC and God knows who else wiping the floor with the Boss.

Like Bono said, this isn't even the band's fault. Its just this agency trying to create more interest.

Board footer