You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

mathematical breakdown "by the numbers"

METALLICA - 3 shows - $10,070,110 - 107,937 sold (avg $94.08/ticket) / 151,800 capacity (71.10% full) (avg 56,000 seat venue)

GUNS N' ROSES - 5 shows - $8,483,424 - 110,327 sold (avg $76.89/ticket) / 125,785 capacity (87.71% full) (avg 25,157 seat venue)

In other words, Metallica is number one and GNR is number two. I gotta agree with Buzzsaw on this. The band is on a successful tour, why try and inflate it?

U2 must be on vacation....

why bring U2 in on EVERY conversation? 1619

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

Again, I'm not trying to inflate anything.  If you want to read into it that's what I'm doing, fine.  But I'm not.  I simply did the same math Neemo did and posted about it.  I'm not boasting or saying GNR is better than Metallica because of it.  I added the comment "in case you're keeping score at home".  It was a light hearted comment.  I know it doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  But it's just something I noticed.  To be fair, I did the same thing when they were on the list with Motley Crue for their Canadian tour and Motley had a higher % of tickets sold back then.  I'm just staying consistent.  If you don't like the numbers, fine.  But don't jump down my throat telling me to stop inflating the numbers when that wasn't my intention.

I'm not "jumping down your throat". There's nothing wrong with the numbers. As I already said, it's quite impressive. I think the tour has exceeded all expectations. It also makes a U.S. tour more likely if these numbers remain steady.

Was just making a general observation of how fans(of any artist/band really) inflate things like this. I wasn't nailing you to the cross. 19

madagas wrote:

why bring U2 in on EVERY conversation? 1619

Take your pick:

M.I.A.

Chris Cornell (atarilegend's favorite subject wink )

U2

Besides, Bono is on his annual extended vacation. Someone's gotta pick up the U2 slack. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

a Gnr US tour won't come close to SA ever unless it is a reunion.....Canadian numbers would be a decent comparison if Gnr chooses the right venues.

I, personally, don't care if they come to the US. All I want is Axl to be confident enough to release another album....whatever it takes to make him feel confident in releasing music.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm with madagas. I don't need new shows, I want new albums.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'd love a US tour asap

don't get me wrong, I would go. But, if given the choice, I would take new music over a tour.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The thing came out in 2008. I think 2011 is a good year for another..to keep the hype going. Really show people that this ain't just an album and nothing else. Do it before Axl gets all too old.

Sky Dog wrote:

this weeks hot tours...data from South America  at Billboard
http://www.billboard.com/#/events/hot-t … 7385.story

GUNS N' ROSES
$7,093,524
March 18-April 11
Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uraguay (1/0)
Movistar Arena, Santiago (1/0)
Estadio Monumental, Lima (1/0)
Estadio Olímpico Atahualpa, Quito, Ecuador (1/0)
Praça da Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro (1/0)
Plaza Figali, Panama City, Panama (1/0)
Estadio Cuscatlán, San Salvador, El Salvador (1/0)
120,022 (199,591)

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not a very good percentage of tickets sold (I know people HATE when I do math with these things).  Only 60%.  Regardless though, it's quite clear they are raking in the dough this year.  They should be among the top earners as far as bands go when 2010 comes to a close.

Sky Dog wrote:

you dont play a 2000 seat club at capacity when you can do a 20,000 seat venue at 50% full....common sense. It's all about profit margins for the band and the promoter. It has nothing to do with fan wishlists. That is why Gnr will take a 6000 attendance in a 15,000 venue. More people=more merchandise=more ticket sales=more beer and food. Geez. I wish everyone could just acknowledge that and move on. Let the promoters worry about it. When they stop paying Axl 1,000,000 EUROS to play a festival and they stop booking these arena shows, then the discussion can take place with relevant intelligent arguments. The "well, the old band would have sold it out" is a crap argument that everyone knows is true. This is a new band and should have new, realistic expectations.

Board footer