You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: This I Love

dave-gnfnr wrote:

This I love is a very good song, it just needs another solo in the middle.

BH did the  original solo but it was later changed to Robin (this may have been what started the tiff between Bh and Robin) but it would been interesting to hear the BH version of the song.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Where did you get the information that Bucket did the original solo for TIL, and Robin's replaced it?

Just in theory, if Axl replaced anything Bucket did with Robin stuff, that was a dumb DUMB move.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

I used to talk to Patty Hood who did harp on it, and she said that buckethead did the solo when she added harp to the song years ago.

But the album came out and we saw that Robins solo was on there instead.

There is a story that when Robin came back to the band he redid some of BHs solos and that pissed off BH. I am assuming This I Love was one of those solos.

BH and Robin never got along, there is even a video from one of the 2002 shows where they bumped into each other and BH got pissed off. And robin gave him that WTF look.

I guess that is what happens when there are two lead guitar players with the talent of BH and Robin.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

If that's true, that's fuckin' lame. I don't care if Slash came in and redid some stuff, i'd put Bucket on it, before anyone.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

You have to remember though Robin was in the band first, then BH redid all of Robins parts, then Robin came back and redid some  of BHs parts or they just put his old parts back.  But BH took the 1999 versions and made them way better.

Just look at what he did for TWAT.

I agree BH should have gotten all of the main solos. I do love Robins TIL solo but I wonder what BHs was like

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

You have to remember though Robin was in the band first, then BH redid all of Robins parts, then Robin came back and redid some  of BHs parts or they just put his old parts back.  But BH took the 1999 versions and made them way better.

I agree BH should have gotten all of the main solos. I do love Robins TIL solo but I wonder what BHs was like

I'm imagining hearing BH play the solo on that song.  It would have taken that song to a whole new level. 

I could see why Axl gave Robin some of the lead parts.  There would be times where his style might work better than Bucket's, like IRS for example.  I think that song works wonderfully with Robin taking the first solo and Bucket taking the last one. 

I'd still love to hear Shackler's, Scrapped, Catcher and This I Love with Bucket. 

I remember back in the day when I heard CD on the radio for the first time, I got chills when the solo came on and it was Bucket.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

The solo in TIL is fucking awesome!

The feeling of crying desperation fits MY interpretation of the lyrics perfectly.

A BH solo would prolly sound great. But as an ingredient that contribute to a piece of art, Robins solo is perfect for this song imo...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I'm imagining hearing BH play the solo on that song.  It would have taken that song to a whole new level. 

I could see why Axl gave Robin some of the lead parts.  There would be times where his style might work better than Bucket's, like IRS for example.  I think that song works wonderfully with Robin taking the first solo and Bucket taking the last one. 

I'd still love to hear Shackler's, Scrapped, Catcher and This I Love with Bucket. 

I remember back in the day when I heard CD on the radio for the first time, I got chills when the solo came on and it was Bucket.

Shit... I wanna hear Brian May on Catcher.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

You have the leak with Brian May dont you?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I want studio polishing.

Of course in Axl's world, that means Brian May's solo gets replaced by a cowbell solo from Sebastian Bach.

Board footer