You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNR.com on Strikeout as MLB Goes on Strike

Axlin16 wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Are you a newbie?

Of course I know what it means but who in hell came up with it? It's stupid.

It didn't even exist a few years ago. One day people suddenly started to call out each other for undefined and various reasons.

It never stopped.

Yes it did. It's existed 'at least' since 2004, possibly 2003.

Here's how I remember it starting. When Slash & Duff began getting Velvet Revolver off the ground, battlelines started being draw within certain forums, between certain fans (not the majority), of these nutswingers that believed that Axl was some nazi facist who ran off the dang good 'ol boy Slash, and took away the name by shotgun and all kinds of bullshit, and that ANYTHING new GN'R did absolutely sucked, and Velvet Revolver was the 'real' Guns N' Roses, just with Weiland on lead. These types began to be coined 'Slashites'.

Other boards splintered, and began an actual campaign to promote new GN'R and stamp out ALL discussions of Slash. Slash's actual name sometimes was edited out of the board's words (like it was a curse word), and at times ANY discussion of old-era GN'R band members would result in instant-bans. Even old bootleg shows, edited out Slash's guitar solos, Matt's drum solos, and Duff's performances of "Attitude" as a counter. The people who were down with this, began to be known as 'Axlites'.

The words then skewed way off into no man's land as time went on, with VR's cooling off, and new Guns inactivity. Then it became a word, for anyone that was simply a nutswinger for one side or the other.

...that's how I remember it. As far as it's 'precise birth', I don't know. It just kind of "was". It just existed one day, when the previous one it didn't. Lmao, most likely some jackass with like 2 posts probably came up with it, and people ran with it.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
TSI wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
TSI wrote:

Right, never underestimate the depths of someone you don't know will sink.
It's almost as bad as other people who haven't and won't accomplish as much in their lifetimes making a joke of a situation,which undoubtedly they could handle much better. If people truly feel like this why would you want to go to a concert or care what goes on?

I think you've been around these places long enough to know how things operate. A lot of people have been following this saga for YEARS. So there's the hobby aspect to it. Also, LOOK at this band's activity this decade. If you cant poke fun at it from time to time and see it for what it is, you need to lighten up because you're taking it too seriously.

There are no "haters". Hell, a hater is just an evolved nutswinger. 16 It happens every year. A person will make a joke or a little rant about whatever the latest news is, nutswinger jumps in and attacks, then a year later that same nutswinger is the one making the jokes and rants. People just 'take the piss' with the whole situation. If The General leaked tonight, nutswingers and haters would hold hands while the download begins, and both would put aside the drama, enjoy the music, and dissect the tracks.

GNR Evolution is actually owned by the National Roller Derby League....

I actually don't want any more leaks, I would like to hear the next release fresh and clean, blaring from my stereo so loud it makes the windows rattle, while kicked back enjoying the finer aspects of intoxication from the music and the smell of hashish in my hookah. smile  I actually dislike labels, and some of the suppositions and conspiracy theories are amusing, some are just annoying.Whether someone is referred to as a hater or a nutswinger they all have an interest in what's the current situation
with GNR--or is it simply a bad obsession?:P

Next release?  Oh man we're about another 11 years away from that.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I started out on the old blue mygnr message board.  I joined the actal forum I think in January of 2002. I shot to fame rather quickly by becoming a  Moderator there after only being a member for 4 months 16  In fact the names of their sections "Use your Illusion" and "My World" were my ideas. Yes I was very influential roll  Anyways inevitably Madison and I had... let's say.... personalities that clashed. That or one of us simply didn't like the support one of us was getting over the other on a  cetain topic. In the end she had a ban button and I didn't. I got banned on February 5th, 2005 after posting my excitment about getting U2 tickets.  I have no idea how that qualified as the final straw but anyways.....   

To be honest I have no idea how I ended up with you rif raf. I can't remember. I posted for a bit at HTGTH but that palce sucked so bad and I eventually just deleted my account.  I think it might've been Slinger or Backslash who invited me to the old.... shit now I don't even remember the name. Not ROV but..... Gn'R Unleashed I think.  Although James may have had something to do with getting me there as well.  Then RoV came about, I ended up there and then I dissapeard for about 8 months and when I came back this was the new site everyone had gone to.  And for the record the name gnrevolution was my idea as well back when we discussed the notion of changing the RoV name.  14 tongue

This is far and away the best Gn'R site going. I'd place this site up there with the best fan sites period regardless of what band it is.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

I started out on htgth and sp1at (whatever happened to that site as well as to Admin and gigger?).  And James invited me over to ROV and then came here.  I have an account over at mygnr but I honnestly can't remember if I ever posted there.  As for htgth I deleted my account there and I reactivated it when Mysteron and Fernando had their little war but haven't used it since

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No bullshit.

Except for you and Russ finding excuses to avoid the Godfather movies. 16

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
TSI wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think you've been around these places long enough to know how things operate. A lot of people have been following this saga for YEARS. So there's the hobby aspect to it. Also, LOOK at this band's activity this decade. If you cant poke fun at it from time to time and see it for what it is, you need to lighten up because you're taking it too seriously.

There are no "haters". Hell, a hater is just an evolved nutswinger. 16 It happens every year. A person will make a joke or a little rant about whatever the latest news is, nutswinger jumps in and attacks, then a year later that same nutswinger is the one making the jokes and rants. People just 'take the piss' with the whole situation. If The General leaked tonight, nutswingers and haters would hold hands while the download begins, and both would put aside the drama, enjoy the music, and dissect the tracks.

GNR Evolution is actually owned by the National Roller Derby League....

I actually don't want any more leaks, I would like to hear the next release fresh and clean, blaring from my stereo so loud it makes the windows rattle, while kicked back enjoying the finer aspects of intoxication from the music and the smell of hashish in my hookah. smile  I actually dislike labels, and some of the suppositions and conspiracy theories are amusing, some are just annoying.Whether someone is referred to as a hater or a nutswinger they all have an interest in what's the current situation

sarcasm and/or pessimism noted; but I doubt 11 years is a valid
estamation, d' sooner d' better......but I have time and other Albums, to listen to and concerts to attend in the meantime.:thumbup:

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
TSI wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
TSI wrote:

sarcasm and/or pessimism noted; but I doubt 11 years is a valid
estamation, d' sooner d' better......but I have time and other Albums, to listen to and concerts to attend in the meantime.:thumbup:

Oh I'm just going by how long CD took to come out.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

What the fuck is an Axlite? Or Slashite?

I think I actually started the Axlite thing. At least, that I know of. I used it in my wars with jarmo at HTGTH with his legions of nutswingers. And it pissed him off so much that he said if I refered to anyone as one again he'd ban me. Someone might have used it before me without me knowing, but that's how I remember it.

Man, did he hate me.

Good times... Good times.

And I started at the Rollingstone GNR board with Madagas and Davegnfnr.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I started out at 2000 Intentions with Juan and those guys. Then took a long break between 03 and 05 and gradually came back into it in 07

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

What the fuck is an Axlite? Or Slashite?

I think I actually started the Axlite thing. At least, that I know of. I used it in my wars with jarmo at HTGTH with his legions of nutswingers. And it pissed him off so much that he said if I refered to anyone as one again he'd ban me. Someone might have used it before me without me knowing, but that's how I remember it.

Man, did he hate me.

Good times... Good times.

And I started at the Rollingstone GNR board with Madagas and Davegnfnr.

yes we did....pathetic isn't it. 16 That Rollingstone board got me in to Tool though....for which I am forever grateful!:peace:

Board footer