You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: GNR.com on Strikeout as MLB Goes on Strike

apex-twin wrote:

We've all noticed the lack of updates on GNR.com ever since the recruitment of DJ Ashba. With the Japanese dates coming up and the Canadian ones scheduled, one would expect the band to actually get off their asses and update the official website with the usual fluff-talk about how it's going to be great, et al. The effort is mostly symbolic; that way people would know that the band acknowledges the dates and is committed to them. Last month, Mysteron seemed to agree with me on this back at HTGTH:

It is important though that the band add credence by putting these dates on their official website. An official announcement would be even better.

So far, we're on the same page. However, yesterday, Mysteron, a beloved 'insider' at the HTGTH community, went completely around and posted the following:

I want to apologize to GN'R for my comments. MLB currently own the rights to, and control input to, the official GN'R website. However ...dot dot dot Hopefully Guns can find another official way to communicate with the fans in the meantime.

Uh-oh.

Talk about a Fernando moment in joint of the Better video.

MLB.com and former GNR manager Merck Mercuriadis came into an agreement of sorts in 2006 regarding the online shoppe features of GNR.com. While the domain listings maintain the ownership of GNR.com is solely in the hands of our man Axl, technical and administrative contacts direct one solely to MLB.com staff. Go figure.

MLB.com have apparently stepped back of providing content around the Japanese dates of the 2007 tour. Before this, most (if not all) articles on the GNR site were written by their local Senior Writer Doug Miller, who currently continues to write for MLB.com. However, the website managed to be updated semi-regularly up to the recruitment of DJ Ashba, with or without MLB.com's direct consent.

So, bummer. The CD release came and went and no-one at MLB had a problem with the content. It's only a year after that GNR, having clandestinely sneaked in numerous updates, have finally reached the end of their rope.

I do hope Guns find another official way to communicate with the fans. GNR Online was an Interscope-manned site, who must've forgotten the password somewhere in early 2003, before transforming it more into the line of their generic band websites.

The only dangerous thing about the modern GNR is their dangerously sloppy management.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

This is hogwash.  There is a myspace page I know they can use to update the tour status.  In addition, we know that Axl browses the forums.  He could easily dispatch Beta or Fernando to provide info on the tour.  Or he could do that himself.  He could also set up a twitter account and tweet whatever he pleases on the upcoming tour.  This is just laziness as usual.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

14:laugh::laugh:

MLB are the cause of one of the bands major failings. My ass they are.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

The fact that a Pseudonym based on a cheesy 1960's British scifi series continues to be allowed to flap their lips on GNR stuff is really annoying.

I know he got a bit of an ass kicking about a year ago, but that seems to have all been forgiven.  He posts on HTGTH and is allowed to go on with "insider" type comments.  Seriously just fuck this guy off and get a proper PR guy.  If however he is only remotely connected to this band and privy to next to nothing (which I suspect he is) then expose him and move on, because it really is lame.

Regarding the Major League Baseball stuff - if you want to communicate with fans and the public this is 2009, they aren't living in a communist country. There are plenty of other avenues to announce stuff if MLB won't update their website (which I believe is BS anyhow).

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

If Mysteron has half a brain, he realizes this piece of 'news' will eventually be picked up by various parties outside the HTGTH/GNR online community. That creates a similar snowball as Fernando's comments on Ulrich holding back the Better video. Ulrich's response came around, eventually, with him claiming he does indeed appear in the would-be promo and had already signed a clause for an appearance. Fernando was owned, but the bad publicity continues to haunt GNR.

This case is no different. Whatever the truth, the press will love the idea of Axl being sequestered out of his own website by the supposed evils at MLB. Mysteron can hardly be called out, since he wasn't the official spokesperson to begin with. This reeks more like a bit of a jab, with the punch-line being the ever-familiar Axl stance: "It's not my fault... It's not my fault..."

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Sorry ass excuse. Make a new website, hire a webmaster and get a decent webside up within the week. Axl could do this in no time. There's endless of possibilites. They just choose not to do it.

I swear, this band is run so poorly from management side of things, that Axl probably needs lawyers and documentation before taking a dump. And then he will find the toilet door locked.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This dog wont hunt. Out of the entire saga, this is literally the band scraping the bottom of the excuse barrel. I find it comical. If MLB was the hold up, no content would have been added the past two years. We've seen Shackler, Rock Band, album release info, Finck departure info, Ashba,etc. added to the site the past year.

Amazing that they really think we're this stupid.

This excuse certainly calls into question the tour actually taking place. Even IF they cant/wont use the official site, there's myspace, facebook, twitter, and the fan sites to use as communication.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

ya no excuse. dexter can post on cd or htgth or something. plenty of ways to confirm dates. press release even.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I think that Axl is sitting on a real goldmine here.  A very good sitcom could be developed with all this stuff.  I know I'd watch and laugh.

Board footer