You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: Check out this new rumor

Abbey_Road wrote:

from a one time poster at mygnr.com

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=105791

i have a big rumor. i'm only calling it a rumor so the moderators don't take down my post. take it for what it is. That's the advice from axl in "used to love her," and that's my advice, too. i'm posting anonymously for a reason. let me explain.

i am a big big gnr fan. i was probably listening to gnr while a lot of you were pissing your pants. i'm not some dumb 16-yr-old girl who calls herself a fan b/c i have a "sweet child" ringtone. i was old enough that they played "appetite" at my prom. i remember the glory days of this band, and i was there for the bad days, too. i waited on line at a record store for the "end of days" soundtrack to hear "oh my god" only to discover that the song was, unfortunately, "oh my god." (sorry, axl--that sucked.) i've DLed every leak, listened to the eddie trunk interview a thousand times, and yes i bought "angel down." i look all over the internet for clues to that photo puzzle from a few years ago that turned out to be a hoax in florida. i still havent figured out the words to "rhyad and the bedoins." i still hope, like the rest of you that "silkworms" was a big joke. i laugh at jokes about chris pittman's funky beats. i have converse high tops with my name on the back like axl's. i am a big fan.

yes, i am also a first time poster. as you can guess, i am a bit too old for message boards and only logged on to get news, never to chat or rant or whatever. but i've been coming here since this site was around. i am also a big fan of the 2ti and cd forum and htgth but i am posting here b/c it's easier to do it anonymously.

and whether you believe me or not, (here's where you flamers get to roll your eyes) my bf's dad is in a&r at a major record label. nope, not with gnr's label--but he has close friends at axl's, and he heard some pretty shocking news. that's why i am here.

according to my bf's dad the record is done. it is mixed, mastered and ready to print. the tracklist is approved and the record company--and yes, even axl--signed off on the music. there's one problem: marketing money. the rec company will not give axl the marketing budget he wants, and they won't release the record until he signs off on a minimal marketing agreement. that is basically all that i know. the record is done but stalled.

i asked my bf's dad why the rec company would do that, and he basically siad "because axl has been so difficult to work with, they are not gonna cut him any slack." i pressed him for more, but he didn't know much else. i dont know for how long the cd has been done, but it's definitely done. from his answer, i am guessing that the record company thinks $13 million is enough (lol!) and doesnt want to spend any more money. or else they are waiting for bids by other rec companies or looking for a big opportunity to market the record with spending as little money as possible. these are just my guesses.

no i don't have mp3s, no i haven't heard the record, no i won't give you any more personal info about myself. it's irelevent. me and my bf and his dad are as unrelated to gnr as you can be professionally but his dad's friends are very in the know. but i'm not going to ask them anything else because i doubt they will say anything else. instead, i wanted to post here (yes, my bf is cool with it) because i want your help.

i am as big a fan as fans get. i lived through the hoaxes (and believed most of them), and i can tell you this is no hoax. the record exists. it's real. so this is my call to gnr fans--mobilize. get off your asses and demand this record. i want you guys to post this message on every other board (which almost always happens with every rumor, lol.) spread the word.

please also help me to get two email campaigns going. the first is to the gnr label. you've posted the email addresses here before. do it again. write short emails demanding the release of "chinese democracy." don't cut and paste the same message and send and send--they'll know it's spam. write an individualized message each time. ask your friends to do it. commit to emailing them once a day.

but more important is to let the media know--the music bloggers, podcasts, websites, and standard music news sources. there's where you should be directing your emails. let them know about my rumor (which is really truth, but you can't verify it, so it's a rumor). just tell them to ask. this isnt some wacky conspiracy theory... it's a rumor that even a sceptic would admit could be true and i am almost certain that with a little probing, a good journalist will be able to verify it. just bug them to ask. and once the word gets out via the internet, perhaps mainstream sources will pick it up. my hope is that we can create enough demand and/or public exposure to pressure the record company to publish the record. and give us what we've been waiting for ... for over a decade!

thanks for reading! 

So the record company won't give Axl anymore money and he wants more money to release it?
Is this what they are blabbering about?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't believe it. Not that its far fetched, but I just don't think they are going to be arguing over that type of crap if its already in Uni's possession. That type of thing would have been negotiated before Axl handed the album in.

Also, the person tries way too hard in the first paragraph to "sell" this story.

Its bullshit.

Its just a forum junkie playing games.

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:

well thats an interesting read to say the least

but a friend of a friend of a dad of a boyfriend just happens to know this news? come-on...

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Afraid I'm calling BS on this one too. Roll on the next rumor.... sad

This chick just wants to get an email thing going and get 15 mins of fame on the forums. 

Anyone can take the info we have recieved over the last 2 years and come up with this story.   

bsmeter.gif

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

Well it sounds good but I will disagree with one piece at the moment
that the record is done & ready to go. Truth is Bumble foot
has not finished his parts, as was just stated earlier this month
when Bumble Foot, Chris Jericho,Sebastian Bach where on the Eddie Trunk
show.  Bumble at the moment is also working on his Solo CD. Could there be
delays from the record company yeah that very well could be
I doubt it's from advertising

I think it's rather clear that when this CD comes out it
is going to sell very well. There will be fans & critics who
will go out of there way to get it. Will it live up to expectations
Im sure like any other record some will love it & some will cut it down.
I hope it does very well cause hopefully it won't take as long to make a follow up.

But I bet it's a double CD or even a triple CD...

Really Acekicken, I didn't catch BBF saying that, although I was on hold for the whole show and cut off for a bit and had to call back 4.      Working on the solo album I totally know he is doing.
I know from BBF himself that his tracks were done along time ago.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If it is, then this is lamer than lame. Just leave BH on it and wrap it in cellophane.

I am telling you, he has told me himself when I posted about that show on Fuse with Marc Canter that his parts were done a long time ago.   I didn't hear him say anything like that on the Eddie Trunk show but then again, I did miss about 20mins of it.

Board footer