You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: SLASH's New Single To Feature Ozzy; More Guest Singers Revealed

James wrote:

Mistress Carrie of the Worcester/Boston, Massachusetts radio station WAAF has posted the following message on her official blog:

"One of the benefits of being the Music Director of WAAF is hearing new music WAY before anyone else!

"Today I got a chance to hear some of the new Slash [VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES] album that will be released in March of 2010. We should have the new single (which is going to feature Ozzy [Osbourne] on lead vocals) in January!

"This song was AWESOME! And the lyrics are going to piss off Axl and BLACK SABBATH!

"I heard Chris Cornell, Kid Rock, M. Shadows, and even Fergie lending their voices to Slash. They were all great! Also featured on the lineup… Lemmy, Iggy, Alice Cooper, Flea, Duff, Myles Kennedy and, you guessed, Dave Grohl!

"According to my 'source,' Slash wrote the 'blueprint' for the songs with someone specific in mind. Then he asked that person to get involved and help write and record the track!

"Every song has a bit of Slash and the other musicians in it… Very COOL!

"This album is going to be HUGE!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=130176

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Mistress Carrie of the Worcester/Boston, Massachusetts radio station WAAF has posted the following message on her official blog:

"One of the benefits of being the Music Director of WAAF is hearing new music WAY before anyone else!

"Today I got a chance to hear some of the new Slash [VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES] album that will be released in March of 2010. We should have the new single (which is going to feature Ozzy [Osbourne] on lead vocals) in January!

"This song was AWESOME! And the lyrics are going to piss off Axl and BLACK SABBATH!

"I heard Chris Cornell, Kid Rock, M. Shadows, and even Fergie lending their voices to Slash. They were all great! Also featured on the lineup… Lemmy, Iggy, Alice Cooper, Flea, Duff, Myles Kennedy and, you guessed, Dave Grohl!

"According to my 'source,' Slash wrote the 'blueprint' for the songs with someone specific in mind. Then he asked that person to get involved and help write and record the track!

"Every song has a bit of Slash and the other musicians in it… Very COOL!

"This album is going to be HUGE!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=130176

And with a bit of Luck Slash asks Myles to fill the void in VR too

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I was really hoping he was gonna stay above that garbage. Last thing the insane fan base needs is a rebuttal to Sorry. I just don't see how it really helps him to take that path. Yeah it brings attention, but he has that in spades already.

I guess both sides have to keep the merry go round spinning...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

^ I agree, still looking forward to hearing the song though, sounds like a promising album.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me as people say "What do you want to be" and other snakepit songs are about Axl.

However we should keep in mind that just cos the reviewer wants to make it Anti-black sabath, and Anti-Axl that doesn't mean it really was....there's lots of interpretations possible for songs.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Hmm I hope that's not accurate what she's implying about the inspiration for the songs/content.

That's a road I really hope he hasn't taken, nothing to be gained by indulging in petty school yard crap like that.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I guess it depends if Slash wrote the lyrics to the songs. I'd be surprised if he wrote the lyrics to the songs then just invited Ozzy or whoever to sing. No doubt there was some form of collaboration but as Slash isn't known for his lyric writing abilities I'd assume major responsibility for lyric writing went ot the vocalist, or another collaborator.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Hmm I hope that's not accurate what she's implying about the inspiration for the songs/content.

That's a road I really hope he hasn't taken, nothing to be gained by indulging in petty school yard crap like that.

It could just mean they're kickass lyrics that Axl or Black Sabbath couldn't match.  But it doesn't sound that way.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The thing is it could all be in context...like it could be a song like "look i do better without you" written for an ex-girlfriend....and because it's Slash without GNR and Ozzy without Sabbath it's all of a sudden about their old bands.

Be interesting to see what it turns out to be anyway. In a way I hope it's not a flame bacause i'm so over the slash/axl fued when I love them both, but I'm hanging out for this album anyway!

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

she's a member of the press/media, her job is to stoke the fire. She never said Slash told her its about Axl..
Slash has made it very clear in interviews that he is done with that negativity.

He had his chance to blow when Axl referred to him as 'a cancer' especially as the poor timing of this comment saw it come just before his mother died from the fucking disease. Graciously Slash left his response at 'whatever dude'.

Axl has propagated a myth that Slash was pure evil. No quote or lawsuit settlement published has ever proven to me that this accusation was nothing more than the ramblings of a paranoid and self pitying shut-in surrounded by enablers.

If Slash didn't respond to 'cancergate' when he had the massive high ground of his mothers death then he's not going to...

Board footer