You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: SLASH's New Single To Feature Ozzy; More Guest Singers Revealed

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Axl has propagated a myth that Slash was pure evil. No quote or lawsuit settlement published has ever proven to me that this accusation was nothing more than the ramblings of a paranoid and self pitying shut-in surrounded by enablers.

Well, Marc Canter gave some reasons for why Axl doesn't think too highly of Slash.

6. In your opinion, what was the final straw that caused Axl to decide he would never perform with Slash again?

(Cause I still can't think of one good reason)

I don't know for sure but I think it's has a lot to do with what Slash has said about the way things went down with the split of Slash and Axl and also some other things that happened that Axl does not agree with what Slash has said.

7. Is it true that GnR worked on 'Fall To Pieces' back in 95 or 96? I know Axl said that Slash played it, but Slash said he wrote it in 98. I don't know who to believe on that one....

If Axl said they worked on it then they did. Axl wouldn't lie about that. Also Slash is sometimes not that good with dates.
8. Has Slash made any further attempts to mend fences with Axl?

Slash went to Axl's house once before. Do you think Axl would talk to him face to face if he did it again?

The last time Slash went there was because his wife made him. Just before he did that he called me for Axl's phone number and when I said that I couldn't do that he said I know I know and then I herd Perla saying things to him. He said that he was sorry for asking and I could tell in his voice that he was being pushed into it. Also at that time Perla hated Duff and Slash was not getting along with Scott and Duff that well and was doing heavy drugs and lots of them that should have killed him. He was living in hell. He also started a big law suit about not getting paid for things from GNR and was drunk at the time of the visit. He could have easily said bad things about some of the guys in VR to Beta (Axl's assistant). At that point he would have fucked a snake to talk with Axl and if nothing else just to get Perla off his back. She was the one who wanted the reunion at that time. But then the whole thing backfired on Slash when Axl called the press. It could have cost him loosing VR and then he would have nothing.

9. question...Do you know the real reason Slash left GNR?

Thanks 4 coming here to visit!

He had already signed the GNR name over to Axl a few years before so maybe he didn't have the same say so on things. He did not want to work with Paul (guitarist) and Axl didn't want to work on all 12 songs that he brought to the band at that time. Axl liked 3 of them but was willing to work on 4. His head was big from touring the world and he was thinking he could do it on his own. (It took him 2 Snakepit records to find out that he needed Axl's input)

10. Ha, yeah, it had nothing to do with Axl's behavior and habits... 

Did Izzy, Gilby, Duff and Matt leave because of big heads as well?

I didn't say Axl is never wrong. I said Axl was a master mind when it came down to working with the songs that the band was working on. Also I love Steven but if he ever wasnt's to work with Axl again it would be wise for him to stop calling Axl names and saying he is selfish. As you already know the reason Axl and Slash don't talk is because of all the dumb shit Slash has said about Axl over the past 14 years. Sticks and stones won't hurt Axl but names and things that Axl believes not to be true don't go over well with him. Axl was nice to Steven in 2006 when they were in Vegas I was there and watch them talk for hours. If Steven would keep his thoughts about Axl to him self,you never know maybe some day Axl will speck to him again. If you know what makes Axl mad, and keep doing it then don't think Axl's going to want to deal with you.

12. With friends like this speaking for Slash, he doesn't need enemies.

Sure, Axl probably didn't like it too much that Slash called him out (on things people had said of Axl for years, including Izzy), but don't forget he responded by calling Slash a Cancer. Do you agree with that? Why would Axl not hate Izzy?

You act like the problems between Slash and Axl started after he quit GNR and said stuff, while ignoring why he quit, why Axl sat at his house and never showed at rehearsals, why Axl caused all the problems with late starts and cancellations. Seems odd.

I didn't say that the split was Slash's fault, Slash had to eat a lot of shit for years, but Slash knows that Axl doesn't do well with negative press. so why did he keep putting gas into the fire and break bridges with someone that he still would love to work with again. Axl is Axl and you never know what is going to happen. So there is always going to be some shit that you have to eat when working with him,but the shit you eat is worth the music in the end. Thats the way it's always been since 1984. I don't blame Axl or Slash for the split. I think they wanted different things at the time. I wished that Axl would have put out a solo record or 2 like Slash did and then they may have been ready to work together again The problem is if you ask them why they split both of them will give to a one word answer,each other's names. I do think it was wrong for Axl to call Slash a cancer,but Axl blames Slash for taking away a lot of years of his live. Axl waited too long to get some of that shit of his chest, so when he did he went all out.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Is that really how you read that?  That Marc gave a lot of reasons for Axl to dislike Slash?  I read it as they both were complete idiots about every interaction once things started going bad.  He gave reasons for both sides disliking each other, and none of them were anything we didn't kinda know already.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Is that really how you read that?  That Marc gave a lot of reasons for Axl to dislike Slash?  I read it as they both were complete idiots about every interaction once things started going bad.  He gave reasons for both sides disliking each other, and none of them were anything we didn't kinda know already.

Yes that's how I read it.  There are reasons given by someone who knew each party as to why Axl dislikes Slash.  People always ask what did Slash do that was so bad, as if he was innocent and never did anything.  Well, maybe that's not entirely true.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

All I'm sure of, is that I'm looking forward to hearing the Ozzy track, along with the rest of the album.

faldor

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

All I'm sure of, is that I'm looking forward to hearing the Ozzy track, along with the rest of the album.

Yeah, I'm sorry to steer things off course there. 

Like I said yesterday, the "Sahara" track sounds like it has some potential, if only I could understand the words.  So I'm still intrigued. 

What does everyone think about choosing Ozzy for the lead single?  Good?  Bad?  I mean, obviously it would depend on the quality of the songs.  But just by taking the singers by name, is he the best choice?  I'm not so sure.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Ozzy never gets radio airplay here in Australia, even on rock radio, aside from maybe Paranoid, and even that is very rare. But then again, VR or Snakepit didn't get much airplay either. So if the song is good, both vocally and musically, I could give a flying fuck whether the public likes it or not.

Modern radio in Australia seems to just (over)play pop songs that have annoying hooks, so if Slash is saying "fuck that" by releasing a track that is balls to the wall rock, than I'm all for it.

If Slash wanted to go for something to guarantee airplay, he has Fergie and that Pussycat Dolls chick's songs as back up.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

"This song was AWESOME! And the lyrics are going to piss off Axl and BLACK SABBATH!

I was really hoping he was gonna stay above that garbage. Last thing the insane fan base needs is a rebuttal to Sorry. I just don't see how it really helps him to take that path. Yeah it brings attention, but he has that in spades already.

I guess both sides have to keep the merry go round spinning...

Ju Got It Mang

Both Axl & Slash are HIGHLY immature people. Axl pisses off Slash with the hope he'll come crawling back, and Slash pisses off Axl with the hope he'll have to beg for him to come back.

They're like an old divorced couple who go back and forth, still 20 years after the breakup.

And yes... I guarantee you this is a rebuttle to Sorry.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

And with all the bitching about this Sahara single and Paradise cover, maybe this supposedly heavy Ozzy track will keep the rock fans of Slash happy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

Like I said yesterday, the "Sahara" track sounds like it has some potential, if only I could understand the words.  So I'm still intrigued.

It's something like:

Your teeth were a little crookedly aligned,
and your sticky touch but I was looking
at the light of the big sign outside the window.

Sorry I don't remember anything about you (Anything about you)
It's all gone away, this and that (this and that)
Tonight, somehow I'm more thirsty than usual.

Before the dawn, you fell asleep, it was surely you, not me.
With lots of glib words, carring me away,
being clumsy, yeah it was me.

Covered with sand, this and that (this and that).
A red-hot wind is blowing inside of my mind.

I was a mass of burning young jealousy
I really wanted to have you.

It's gone away, this and that. (this and that)
Forget myself and go on a spree and hurt somebody.

I can't let it go... anything about you (Anything about you)
It has ruined everything, this and that (this and that)
Shiny days are being buried forever.

I paraphrased that into better english from this site...might not be strictly accurate...but it gives an idea of the song....seems to be a little desert vampire enhanced!!!

http://mameshibaken.blogspot.com/2009/1 … slash.html

I'm really into this song...digging it!

faldor

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

It's something like:

Your teeth were a little crookedly aligned,
and your sticky touch but I was looking
at the light of the big sign outside the window.

It's all gone away, this and that (this and that)
Tonight, somehow I'm more thirsty than usual.

Before the dawn, you fell asleep, it was surely you, not me.
With lots of glib words, carring me away,
being clumsy, yeah it was me.

Covered with sand, this and that (this and that).
A red-hot wind is blowing inside of my mind.

I was a mass of burning young jealousy
I really wanted to have you.

It's gone away, this and that. (this and that)
Forget myself and go on a spree and hurt somebody.

I can't let it go... anything about you (Anything about you)
It has ruined everything, this and that (this and that)
Shiny days are being buried forever.

I paraphrased that into better english from this site...might not be strictly accurate...but it gives an idea of the song....seems to be a little desert vampire enhanced!!!

http://mameshibaken.blogspot.com/2009/1 … slash.html

I'm really into this song...digging it!

But it's in Japanese right?  I just can't get into songs with words I don't understand.  That's why I was never a big Ramstein fan.  Or Nena's 99 Luftballoons.

Board footer