You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

Intercourse wrote:

If you hear that GNR are playing the exact same set as before will you go to see them if this tour swings by your house?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yes I would.  But I don't believe that'll be the case.  I do think they'll play many of the same songs from the back catalog, but I also think we'll hear most, if not all of Chinese Democracy this time around.

BUT, even if that's not the case, it wouldn't deter me from going to see a show.  I may have seen the same show last tour, but that was 3 years ago at this point.  Now if they play the same exact setlist at every show and I have the option of going to multiple shows, would I?  Now that's a different question.

And the answer is probably still, YES.

Sky Dog wrote:

yes.....I don't expect it to be much different than the setlist/song choices from the 2006 picture we had that showed up briefly on their website.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Yes...although I would like to hear more Chin Dem songs, I think Axl or someone important fears there are even less people interested in the new songs than there are people who want to see the AFD tour.

I really believe there are lots of 'fringe' fans who say fuck it...let's relive the old days. Many of these people may not even know Chin Dem exists. It would be easy to understand...the album got released so quietly, and with no singles really taking to the radio.

Although the circumstances were a bit different back in 2006 when I went to see them in Chicago, the older crowd (40 and up) seemed to have no clue about songs like Better...and whatever other songs they played from the new album.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Hardcores will go no matter how much CD they play. Softcores/casual fans will go, cause they wanna hear Jungle, PC, SCOM and NR and don't really care about the new album. Only those won't go who boycot Axl Rose. But I don't think they'd go to hear a CD dominated setlist either.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'll go if they don't cancel my show again and I don't have to travel far.  I wouldn't go any significant distance to see them.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I'll see them if they play within a 4 hour radius of my house: Boston, New York, Albany, Worcester, Hartford, etc.

I'm not paying for a hotel room unless Slash, Izzy, Duff, etc. are back in the band.

Setlist isn't a factor.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:

I will go no matter what, no question and travel? Hell yes, I have a passport, credit cards and my xmas account (by the way if you are on mt xmas list, expect a really nice--card!)

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

I'll see them if they play within a 4 hour radius of my house: Boston, New York, Albany, Worcester, Hartford, etc.

I'm not paying for a hotel room unless Slash, Izzy, Duff, etc. are back in the band.

Setlist isn't a factor.

I'm with you Fat-Drunk.  We my have to carpool IF they tour the US.

Board footer