You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

misterID wrote:

Buzz, you spend way too much time trying to find a reason why any success GNR has really isn't sucess and that everyone hates them. People liking them really gets under your crawl. 16

And your theory that a few hundred internet Axl fans were solely responsible for the 3 million CD albums sold is your finest hour. Now people from other countries, where newGNR has been touring extensively, have no idea Slash and Duff arent in the band anymore explaining their success there... Nice...

Sky Dog wrote:

As far as the MTV thing goes, I'm gonna say it is one of Axl's two worst moments for his entire career. Get in the Ring and that performance are the absolute bottom. However, I thought the band sounded great.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Buzz, you spend way too much time trying to find a reason why any success GNR has really isn't sucess and that everyone hates them. People liking them really gets under your crawl. 16

No, but people distorting the truth does.  For the record, I don't have to try very hard, so it doesn't take much time at all, but thanks for your concern.

And your theory that a few hundred internet Axl fans were solely responsible for the 3 million CD albums sold is your finest hour.

Good luck finding where I said that.  I know what I said, and it wasn't even close to that.  Good try at distorting the truth though.

Now people from other countries, where newGNR has been touring extensively, have no idea Slash and Duff arent in the band anymore explaining their success there... Nice...

Extensively?  Define extensively, because as far as I know, no version of GnR has toured extensively since 93 or 94.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That crowd is on fire. This is when there was actual genuine interest in the "new beginning". They kicked ass at Rio, and easily sold out the club dates prior to Rio, and they had difficulty selling out the Joint in 2006, which holds 1200 people.

This 2002 mindset of "look at the freak!!!!1111!!" is bullshit. They killed that crowd, and that moment was talked about by tons of people for weeks after the performance. Its one of the all time highlights in VMA's history.

The fuck up was Axl himself not being ready and of course not releasing the record at the perfect moment.

People were willing to accept the new lineup in 2001 and 2002. Not so in 2006-09, so aim that stuff at them, not the lineup who did 99.9% of the work.

That is when Axl definitely made one of his biggest fuck ups ever.  Had he come out with CD back then right after the VMA'S like a month after and would've toured like he should have.  If Axl was gonna rule the music bizz again he could've done it right there.  That lineup had the best chance to make the fans forget the old lineup.  Talk about missing the boat.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No - maybe the crowd was caught up in the moment of being there.  People at home were laughing at them.  James, I'm not sure what was going on in your neighborhood, but people where I lived were absolutely laughing at the freakshow and talking about how horrible that song between WTTJ and PC was.  Time isn't changing that no matter how much BH fans might want it to.  Respect the talent, but that's it.  I watched the video again.  Same reaction.  They sounded terrible.  Axl was bad.  The band was bad.  This performance set the band back 3 years on it's own.

my freinds had their jabs at me for that 2002 mtv performance as well...however they all thought the highlight was Madagascar/PC

they all thought WTTJ sounded terrible

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yeah bucket is such a huge crowd draw ... thats why he only plays bars in the USA roll

That's an unfair swipe. He doesn't play bars. He plays clubs and he also plays festivals.

wasnt meant to be a swipe, but there is no way that BH's presence or absence has swayed the amount of people in the seats to any great extent...that was the point i was trying to make...reading it again it comes off more negative than I had intended

Axl is the draw for the current GnR. and has been since they took the stage in vegas in 2001

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"Catastrophe" - W. Axl Rose, 2006 - referring the the 2002 VMA performance

That crowd was on fire, because no one knew it was happening and Jimmy Fallon teased it all night. Then he announced this very last final music act, when apeshit and screamed "LADIES AND GENTLEMAN GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then Jungle hits... then Axl's classic scream hits....

Everyone there and at home jizzed in their pants, and then the house lights went up and showed that it was not Guns N' Roses, it was well... I don't know. That was people's reaction.

I remember listening to the radio the morning after, when everyone did the VMA's post-show wrap up on all the morning shows. Across the board, people were talking "where's Slash?", "what happened to Axl? He was fat, out of shape and wearing cornrows. WTF?", "their guitarist is Michael Myers with a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket on his head"

At the time, I was so furious, because I was fuckin' pumped to see Guns back, even if it was a rebooted GN'R. I thought it was great. But even still, I don't have revisionist history in hind sight.

That performance, as much energy as it had, slit one of their wrists as they got into a hot bath. 2006 without the album in December, slit the other wrist and finished them off.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

How am I distorting the truth Buzz? You said the high sales of CD were do to internet fanboys buying multiple copies. That's not distorting what you said.

Now you're saying the success the band has outside the US is due to no one knowing Slash and Duff aren't in the band, despite the GNR's tours outside the US since 2002 and the fact that a large portion of GNR fans on the newGNR message boards are from overseas.

So, this thread is basically like every other thread... If anyone mentions anything positive, you're there with the spin as to why it doesn't count.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's called 'Equal time' mister... that's the way it's done.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:

That particular VMA show was not their best performance..But they still stole the show. That speaks volumes.

Board footer