You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's called 'Equal time' mister... that's the way it's done.

No, its called bullshit.  16

And even Billo can appreciate your spin zones

Bill%20O'Reilly.jpg

^^ He's displaying the size of his penis and his IQ at the same time, btw.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

If Axl had turned up at the 2002 VMAs having trained up, lost some weight and got his voice into shape - and if he'd been sporting his 2006 look - he would've slayed that crowd. If he'd then released Chinese Democracy a couple of months later it would've been MASSIVE. The revolving door of musicians wasn't a joke at that point; people might've got over the absence of Slash once they'd seen how good Buckethead was (and remember, this was 2002; freaky-looking guitarists were the in thing among the MTV crowd, look at Limp Bizkit...).

A trained-up Axl doing the VMAs and not dressing like a tool - Better as the first single, swiftly followed by the album, then singles of If The World and TWAT... Axl would've been king of the world. Ah well, so many "if only"s.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

If Axl had turned up at the 2002 VMAs having trained up, lost some weight and got his voice into shape - and if he'd been sporting his 2006 look - he would've slayed that crowd. If he'd then released Chinese Democracy a couple of months later it would've been MASSIVE. The revolving door of musicians wasn't a joke at that point; people might've got over the absence of Slash once they'd seen how good Buckethead was (and remember, this was 2002; freaky-looking guitarists were the in thing among the MTV crowd, look at Limp Bizkit...).

A trained-up Axl doing the VMAs and not dressing like a tool - Better as the first single, swiftly followed by the album, then singles of If The World and TWAT... Axl would've been king of the world. Ah well, so many "if only"s.

Yeah that would have been cool. And if bucket had been featured more heavily rather than robin live, and if he (bucket)  hadn't quit. People remember bucket cos of his wierd look, and they mock at first, but then they see he can play like all hell, unfortunately not too much of that happened at the time.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yeah bucket is such a huge crowd draw ... thats why he only plays bars in the USA roll

That's an unfair swipe. He doesn't play bars. He plays clubs and he also plays festivals.

wasnt meant to be a swipe, but there is no way that BH's presence or absence has swayed the amount of people in the seats to any great extent...that was the point i was trying to make...reading it again it comes off more negative than I had intended

Axl is the draw for the current GnR. and has been since they took the stage in vegas in 2001

I disagree.  Bucket brought something new to the table.  And his look made people's head turn and talk.  I wouldn't go to a Buckethead show but if Axl were to announce that Bucket is coming back even if I hate the opener and it was the same setlist I'd still buy tickets for a show or 2.  And like I said at the Metallica show the guy behind me had bought his tickets for the Quebec show and when I told him Bucket was not in the band anymore he said he would give his tix to a friend or a family member.  In 06, a lot of people in St-John I knew thought Bucket was in the band and were disapointed that he was not.  He  may be underground and a lot of people could be like me and would not go to his show but if he were in GNR he would attract some people.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bucket easily got the most press in 2002. ..no question about it. He is unique. Freak? Of course, but, he catches your attention with his look and talent. 3

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bucket easily got the most press in 2002. No question about it. He is unique. Freak ....of course. But, he catches your attention with his look and talent.

He was the perfect replacement for Slash.  Like you said has a unique look.  He definitely would've brought GNR back to top level in 02.  And the fact he doesn't give serious interviews adds to the mystique.  If Axl would've been willing to do the interviews or if another bandmate would've handled the interviews.  I think CD in 02 would've been much better received and would've done way better sales wise in 02.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

And madagas.  Did we just kinda agreed on something here?  Scary!  tongue

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

How am I distorting the truth Buzz? You said the high sales of CD were do to internet fanboys buying multiple copies. That's not distorting what you said.

Now you're saying the success the band has outside the US is due to no one knowing Slash and Duff aren't in the band, despite the GNR's tours outside the US since 2002 and the fact that a large portion of GNR fans on the newGNR message boards are from overseas.

So, this thread is basically like every other thread... If anyone mentions anything positive, you're there with the spin as to why it doesn't count.

Again, you need to go back and reread what I said.  You're spinning it way out of control and accusing others of spinning things?  How ironic.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's called 'Equal time' mister... that's the way it's done.

No, its called bullshit.  16

And even Billo can appreciate your spin zones

http://blog.kir.com/archives/Bill%20O'Reilly.jpg

^^ He's displaying the size of his penis and his IQ at the same time, btw.

I spin? I SPIN?!?!? I FUCKING SPIN?!?!?

Thanks I needed that. I had a rough one yesterday, but i've never laughed so hard in my life. 14

I spin... that's rich. Yeah that's me talking about how "Chinese Democracy Starts Now", and "this is when the real promo begins" and "the Better video will be out soon" and "these Canadian shows are selling out"

I spin... dude, let me do a couple of those lines with 'ya. Must be GOOD shit. 11

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Bucket was good in the band because the bucket was memorable in the way the top hat was, and because he has killer chops. But neither he or robin usually play in the style of slash and that's the problem for the old songs.

It's why the new line up should be killer, cos Ashba is closer to slash's style it seems, and Bumble brings the crazy shit of bucket and himself.

Bumblefoot needs to get more respect on guitar:

[youtube]aZiFb3si2SA&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]uSO41dRd2_U&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]7Ly_Tasvoqk&feature=related[/youtube]

Board footer