You are not logged in. Please register or login.

timmah
 Rep: 0 

Re: RIAA Wins $1.92 Million Judgment Against ONE Woman Who Shared 24 Songs

timmah wrote:

http://www.dailytech.com/Jury+Fines+Jam … e15468.htm

Jesus fucking Christ 17:headbang::headbang:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Kind of old news, but still it was a shocking figure.

The only problem I have with it, is that she seems to be riding this wave of publicity

The RIAA has said a couple times that they were willing to settle long ago for a few thousand dollars, and she continues to fight it only to suffer heavier and heavier losses from legal fees and heavier fines on rulings. Kind of a dumb bitch, really. Cut your losses babe.

What I want to know, is where do they get this fucking juries that are willing to break their foot off in her ass so happily? She must be really annoying in a court setting or something.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah she really needs to know when to quit fighting, and I'd guess that some of the harsh fine is due to the court being told she could have settled at any stage for $5k but instead choose to drag it out when if she did share the files it's pretty clear cut she's guilty.

I do think it's interesting what they were saying about extreme fines being unconsitutional potentially and the idea that she's being punished not for what she did but for what everyone else does. Makes you then wonder about any case where the court makes an example of someone!

I also wonder what the class action she's going to bring against them could possibily be?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

She absolutely should fight this! All the way that it can go. It's ridiculous that she should be made to pay anything at all, or at most, the cost of those songs each time they were shared. This latest ruling is unconstitutionally severe and has no relation to her "crime".

Board footer