You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Went To GUNS N' ROSES rehearsal today...link!

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Did Del write that?

I think the posts that follow are very telling of how the rest of the world sees this band btw.  No agendas there, just guitar fans.

We've heard it all before.  Obviously nothing new.  People have bashing the band for the better part of a decade.  I'm used to it, expect it, embrace it. 

The band CAN do things to change that perception but they haven't done so yet.  I'm not so sure they ever will but it almost seems as if it's not really one of Axl's main concerns.  Maybe he's content with the "hardcore" fanbase that Guns has.  Some kickass shows and successful tours, meaning tours that don't implode, could change peoples opinions.  But I think even moreso than that they need some exposure.  I do think there are some really talented guys in the band, but nobody knows anyone besides Axl.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well without giving away the FULL set (I promised Del!) Ummm they did a complete run through of about 17-18 songs for about a week..Lots of visuals that complement each track..pyro, spots,etc nice lighting truss design plus a fucking bad ass Reworking of a theme song that leads into "Live & Let Die" written by Richard Fortus. Overall well done.

I loved Shacklers Revenge,Better,Prostitute & Rocket Queen live.
FYI:That middle ramp/riser has AXL's grand piano under it for quick access.

http://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vie … 0#p4429740

Looks like his solo spot will be the Bond theme song. He should rename it 'Piss Break'.

Now we do know that Shackler's Revenge is a real possibility.

johndivney wrote:

a complete run through of the same songs for a week? just the 17/18 songs? hmm... don't expect too many setlist changes as the tour proceeds. eh, we'll see. at least there's going to be stuff we've never heard live before.

the show is looking promising. hopefully the tour gets off to a good start and those of us in the rest of the world get to experience it soon! looking forward to it..

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Shacklers! Prostitute! Oh yes. smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

[b]
plus a fucking bad ass Reworking of a theme song that leads into "Live & Let Die" written by Richard Fortus.

Looks like his solo spot will be the Bond theme song. He should rename it 'Piss Break'.

I'm actually excited about that! I really enjoyed his cover of the bond theme...there's lots of really cool nuances in the playing that I noticed as a guitarist. Like obviously its got the theme and stuff you'd expect, but there a lot of little ways that were just nice choices on how to play it, little bends, tone, little noises and scratches...just the peformance of it. I really enjoyed his version. Be cool to see it live. I hope this tour comes down under!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Sounds good although from a personal point of view I wish they'd retire LALD. There's much better songs from both CD and Illusions that they could play instead.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Well without giving away the FULL set (I promised Del!) Ummm they did a complete run through of about 17-18 songs for about a week..Lots of visuals that complement each track..pyro, spots,etc nice lighting truss design plus a fucking bad ass Reworking of a theme song that leads into "Live & Let Die" written by Richard Fortus. Overall well done.

I loved Shacklers Revenge,Better,Prostitute & Rocket Queen live.
FYI:That middle ramp/riser has AXL's grand piano under it for quick access.

Now we do know that Shackler's Revenge is a real possibility.

At first I thought the guy was saying Richard wrote "Live and Let Die".  I got the impression that obviously this guy didn't know what the hell he was talking about.  Then I realized he was talking about Richard's solo.  Phew!

Nice to see the new songs, and my all time favorite "Rocket Queen".

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

17-18 songs, LALD is in the set... 17

Welcome To The Jungle
Mr Brownstone
It's So Easy
Knockin On Heaven's Door
Richard Bond Solo
Live and Let Die
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Dizzy Piano Solo
Street of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
November Rain
My Micheele w/ Sebastian Bach
Shacklers Revenge
DJ/Ron Solo
Sweet Child O Mine
Nightrain

Encore

Chinese Democracy
Don't Cry
Prostitute
Paradise City

johndivney wrote:
Axl S wrote:

17-18 songs, LALD is in the set... 17

Welcome To The Jungle
Mr Brownstone
It's So Easy
Knockin On Heaven's Door
Richard Bond Solo
Live and Let Die
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Dizzy Piano Solo
Street of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
November Rain
My Micheele w/ Sebastian Bach
Shacklers Revenge
DJ/Ron Solo
Sweet Child O Mine
Nightrain

Encore

Chinese Democracy
Don't Cry
Prostitute
Paradise City

way to look on the bright side... though i know what you mean.

though i don't know what you mean about LALD. it is absolutely essential to Guns and should be on every set.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i would think that michelle would be dropped for Sorry and brownstone and ise dropped for catcher and IRS

then we're talkin wink

Board footer