You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Went To GUNS N' ROSES rehearsal today...link!

Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Imagine the shacklers outtro solos live!

And scraped is awesome, great lyrics and ron kills the solo!

thumbs up to both comments 22

i cant wait to see the outro solo's of shacklers live 9

djwill
 Rep: 1 

djwill wrote:

Hello and FOR THE RECORD....

Feel I must clear the air a bit because of all the GNR Boards including this one discussing the rehearsals that cut & pasted my comments from Sludge on the heels of the initial one. I made the mistake of putting a positive spin replying to a post there about how great I thought the band sounded the night I saw them. I am NOT a "spy"or a reporter nor did I intend for my post(s) to provide some official "sneak peek"of whats to come..couldnt be further from the truth, but I see that it came off that way.
I was a guest who was given great hospitality by the GNR camp. Nothing more. Nothing less.

A few things I stated were inaccurate anyway so please know that my brief "review" shouldnt be taken as 100% gospel in the first place. Its rehearsal for a reason. Things change.

I look forward to seeing GNR kick ass live like the next person so please decide for yourselves especially those who'll get to see them next month and in the new year.

Thank you for reading.

djwill

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
djwill wrote:

Feel I must clear the air a bit because of all the GNR Boards including this one discussing the rehearsals that cut & pasted my comments from Sludge on the heels of the initial one. I made the mistake:headbang: of putting a positive spin replying to a post there about how great I thought the band sounded the night I saw them. I am NOT a "spy"or a reporter nor did I intend for my post(s) to provide some official "sneak peek"of whats to come..couldnt be further from the truth, but I see that it came off that way.
I was a guest who was given great hospitality by the GNR camp. Nothing more. Nothing less.

A few things I stated were inaccurate anyway so please know that my brief "review" shouldnt be taken as 100% gospel in the first place. Its rehearsal for a reason. Things change.

I look forward to seeing GNR kick ass live like the next person so please decide for yourselves especially those who'll get to see them next month and in the new year.

Thank you for reading.

djwill

Don't think anyone is insinuating you are a spy. GNR fans are starving for the tiniest of breadcrumbs, so when anything pops up we're on it like a fat kid devouring a cupcake.

Thanks for stopping by and elaborating a bit. 9 Not many Sludgers around these parts. 16 I don't post there much, but am a daily lurker and once I saw your "breadcrumb", it was time to eat. 16

djwill
 Rep: 1 

djwill wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
djwill wrote:

Feel I must clear the air a bit because of all the GNR Boards including this one discussing the rehearsals that cut & pasted my comments from Sludge on the heels of the initial one. I made the mistake:headbang: of putting a positive spin replying to a post there about how great I thought the band sounded the night I saw them. I am NOT a "spy"or a reporter nor did I intend for my post(s) to provide some official "sneak peek"of whats to come..couldnt be further from the truth, but I see that it came off that way.

Thank you for reading.

djwill

Don't think anyone is insinuating you are a spy. GNR fans are starving for the tiniest of breadcrumbs, so when anything pops up we're on it like a fat kid devouring a cupcake.

Thanks for stopping by and elaborating a bit. 9 Not many Sludgers around these parts. 16 I don't post there much, but am a daily lurker and once I saw your "breadcrumb", it was time to eat. 16

Perhaps...but in some locations my comments & I were treated as such and dont much care for that tag. Its inaccurate and not to be taken as anything official...its 1 person's POV that spread further than it needed to in my opinion.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Thanks for actually taking the time to tell us. It's greatly appreciated. There are no "official" anything in GNR world when it comes to information like this, and so anyone who simply comes near the band, is treated like an insider and something official right away. Not your fault at all, we are simply happy you told us, but obviously I understand the frustration the net is giving you over this.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

17-18 songs, LALD is in the set... 17

Welcome To The Jungle
Mr Brownstone
It's So Easy
Knockin On Heaven's Door
Richard Bond Solo
Live and Let Die
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Dizzy Piano Solo
Street of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
November Rain
My Micheele w/ Sebastian Bach
Shacklers Revenge
DJ/Ron Solo
Sweet Child O Mine
Nightrain

Encore

Chinese Democracy
Don't Cry
Prostitute
Paradise City

Shackler's & Prostitute ain't gonna get it done... hmm

For some people, NOTHING will ever get it done.  If they play 5 previously unheard songs from CD it'll be "yeah but we should be hearing the entire album."  If we hear the whole album it'll be, "yeah but that album is over a year old now, it's time for some new songs."  If we get some new songs it'll be, "yeah, good luck buying the album in another 14 years."  If we get another album it'll be, "yeah but we won't get any promo or videos or anything so it doesn't matter."  Oh, and people will continue to point out who's (NOT) in the band. 

Some people will just never be satisfied.  It's really as simple as that.

Note: This isn't necessarily directed at anyone in particular but I do know these people definitely exist.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I wonder why TWAT doesn't get any play. I thought that was one of the new songs that sounded the best live.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

I wonder why TWAT doesn't get any play. I thought that was one of the new songs that sounded the best live.

Probably not the reason, but I think it's one of the toughest tests for Axl live.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Yeah the vocals are insanly high!

Fucking amazing song though, I loved the spain version....i'd love to see it done more often.

Board footer