You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Lady GaGa Thread

James wrote:

TheFameMonsterStandard.jpg

alternate cover....

The_Fame_Monster.jpg

1. Bad Romance
2. Alejandro
3. Monster
4. Speechless
5. Dance in the Dark
6. Telephone (featuring Beyonce)
7. So Happy I Could Die
8. Teeth

Still a few days until this sees an official release, but it leaked the other day. This is pretty infectious material. Never really cared much for Gaga other than the song Just Dance which is definitely one of the best singles this decade, but she is upping her game with this EP. Bad Romance is one of the catchiest songs I've heard in years, and if this doesn't hit number one on the singles charts I cant wait to see what does. Alejandro actually sounds like something Madonna would have done back in the late 80s/early 90s.

After being hooked on Bad Romance for days, went and listened to her first record and its certainly better than my first impression. Just Dance is a club anthem for the ages, but it also has her going in some more bold directions than just repeating that exact same formula. The title track has a groove that's not typical of this genre. If Slash was gonna contribute to a pop tart's record, this should have been the one. Summerboy is like a mind meld of the Gap Band and Gwen Stefani.

I had originally written her off as a disposable pop tart that would be a minor footnote in the next few years. Not only do I retract that, but I think we may be witnessing the next Madonna hitting the scene.

I like how she isn't just coasting on that debut album which she could have done for another year or so. She is unloading another release which is probably meant to tide fans over until a proper followup is ready for release.

Rihanna is this generation's Mariah Carey, and GaGa is shaping up to be their Madonna. If you don't like either artist, might want to invest in a few cases of earplugs because neither are going away anytime soon.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I don't actually find this new single or the old one you mentioned, Just Dance, that catchy. I do enjoy Poker Face and Papparazzi as a guilty pleasure though.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

She is hugely successful right now, there's no denying that.  And she does have some talent, songs are actually catchy and listenable even for a guy like me.  But I'm not sold that she has the staying power of a Madonna, YET.  I know, I've heard it before and denied it and she's still at the top so she is on her way.  But I'm not giving in yet.  She did tie or break the record for most #1 songs from a debut album though I believe.  Certainly not a bad start.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Ok a little off topic but in that video (yes I watched it) she is smoking hot in some scenes and then other scenes she looks like a dude. But she is talented and she will stay around for a long time because she is hugely popular with the gay culture and they support their artists. She also writes catchy songs that you hear every 10 min on the radio but then she can also cross the urban line and get heavy rotation in the clubs.. She will be around for a loong time. A new Madonna? Look what happen to the last pop star that got labeled that.

James

James wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Ok a little off topic but in that video (yes I watched it) she is smoking hot in some scenes and then other scenes she looks like a dude.

I love how she took that to an insane level and let it work to her advantage. Don't really know the details behind it as I don't really surf the Gaga forums, but there was a pic last year where it looked like she had a dick and all the tranny rumors started which brought her even more attention.

That is part of what I meant by her being the next Madonna. Madonna was an expert at playing the media and her own fans. She also isn't gonna be able to be pigeonholed as her musical palate is pretty wide, even on her debut. Madonna went from 'Lucky Star' to 'Justify My Love' in just a few short years. Had Madonna been unable to continually progress, she would have been in the same boat as Jody Watley, Samantha Fox, Debbie Gibson,etc.

She's what Lily Allen wishes she could be, and I actually prefer Lily over GaGa.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Her music doesn't do anything for me. Just sound like strip club music.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I love Lady Gaga. Yeah, surprise surprise. Her performance on the VMAs, when blood started spewing from her torso hooked it for me. Pure artistry. Catchy shit.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I love Lady Gaga big_smile. Boys Boys Boys and Nothing else I can Say are awesome songs (along with Just Dance) so I'm looking forward to listening to more of this new release.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James

James wrote:

Good to see Evo showing some GaGa love. 9

Its definitely one of the best albums this year. Still listen to it daily.

Board footer