You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Lady GaGa Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The song Judas sucks and my anticipation for this record keeps declining as each new song comes out. Don't give two shits about the video.

This record may be her MAYA where she shits the bed and people start walking away in droves.

DEAD ON

I was just telling a friend that the other day.

Born This Way is pretty damn catchy, and similar to her previous stuff, but the more and more I hear Judas...

Goddamn that song SUCKS. It really is TERRIBLE.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.undercover.fm/news/14677-lad … -next-week

Lady Gaga Edge Of Glory Coming Next Week
By Paul Cashmere
10 hours ago (Mon, 09 May 2011 14:18:46 +1000)

Lady Gaga will release ‘The Edge of Glory, the third single off her ‘Born This Way’ album next week.

Gaga uploaded the artwork to her Twitter account over the weekend. She is naked on the cover and prying open her mouth with her hands.

‘The Edge of Glory’ comes just three weeks after her last single ‘Judas’ and one week after the ‘Judas’ video. The second single from the album failed to impact with fans, falling out of the US singles chart in its third week.

The ‘Born This Way’ album will be released worldwide on May 23.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

At least I know i'm not crazy. Even her fans have already buried Judas. I can't even believe she released that track as the 2nd single.

It's a damn B-side on a bonus disc of cutting room floor tracks.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Judas and Born This Way sound like they jumped right out of 1990-94 when that dance hall style music was big.

And Bono, I heard the exact same thing about Madonna once upon a time.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Judas and Born This Way sound like they jumped right out of 1990-94 when that dance hall style music was big.

And Bono, I heard the exact same thing about Madonna once upon a time.

If you think people are gonna remember Gaga in the same manner they do Madonna you need to give your head a massive shake. Lady Gaga isn't breaking any barriers, she's not doing anything original, she's not even unique. She's an attention whore and to be brutally honest her music is pretty much a  carbon copy of itself. Catchy yes but orginal and creative? Hell no.  Just Dance to Judas .... WOW! what an evolving artist. roll

She just bugs me because in my opinion she's what's wrong with the industry. Couldn't make it on her talent alone so she got a team together,  figured out a way to make herself a freak show and Whala! It's such bullshit and I'm shocked how many are falling for this crap.  Lady Gaga yeah she's an icon alright.

Does she make fun music to dance to? Sure she does but this praise and gushing over her liek she's HOF worthy already si sickening. It really is a case of media hype manipulating the masses.  Do soem peole legitimately like her? of curse but lets' be honest why isn't an actual artist like Pink not given the same recognition as someone like Lady Gaga? She's a better singer, better songwriter, makes cathier sogs which actually stand the test of time.  It's because Pink doens't wear a  dress made out of meat and isn't an overall freak show made for attention

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I must admit I find it somewhat ironic that some big "GnR had to evolve" fans think highly of GaGa.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

"It's kind of stock" - Lars Ulrich

That's kind of the exact thing that I thought.

If GaGa was just some low-level artist making genre-specific/niche music, I would probably go "damn, that's good".

But for a artist on her level, to already be on the 3rd single from her new "highly anticipated" album, I haven't heard anything mind-blowing. Born This Way is really good, but is kind of just a retread of her hits from The Fame & Fame Monster.

Bono called it. Alot of it sounds like the popular dance music of the early 90's.

GaGa is really starting to form herself into a flash-in-the-pan kind of stature, similar to what happened to MIA in her follow-up to her initial success.

Here's some big dance hits from the 90's. The similiarities between them and GaGa are almost identical. With Fame & Fame Monster, she was kind of a nice refresher in what made some of that music catchy and great, but to follow it up with same exact stuff again - snore.

Ce Ce Peniston - Finally

Madonna - Vogue

Robin S - Show Me Love

Michael Jackson - In The Closet

Michael Jackson - Blood On The Dance Floor

Board footer