You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Axl Interview w Korean Newspaper (Unconfirmed)

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i agree. But i think that's a fan misconception - that slash is some kind of sell out but axl is an artist only interested in the art.

In my mind i think both are very talented and great artists, but I also think that the history of GNR shows that both men were keen from the beginning to make GNR as big as it could get, and to ensure the band had commerical and financial success, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

For some people they see things as either/or. Like if you make $ then it can't be artistic, and I dont think it's so true of GNR.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

You guys don't actually think that is an accurate translation do you? Please....the whole LITTLE Q&A is a joke. That is no where NEAR an interview. I'll stick with the chats where it is WAY clear what he said. Since Axl hasn't changed at all since 1993, I highly doubt he had a change of heart since Dec 08.

For the record, I'm still not convinced that was actually Axl.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

You guys don't actually think that is an accurate translation do you? Please....the whole LITTLE Q&A is a joke. That is no where NEAR an interview. I'll stick with the chats where it is WAY clear what he said. Since Axl hasn't changed at all since 1993, I highly doubt he had a change of heart since Dec 08.

So maybe Axl never called Slash a cancer then?  Things that make you go hmmm.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Ok well I guess this is official since DJ ASJBA posted up a copy of the interview on his own personal Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 … =701824213

I think DJ planted the interview.  He hacked into Axl's e-mail, answered the questions, and made sure to say good things about himself and be cordial to all others.  It's the only logical explanation.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Ok well I guess this is official since DJ ASJBA posted up a copy of the interview on his own personal Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 … =701824213

I think DJ planted the interview.  He hacked into Axl's e-mail, answered the questions, and made sure to say good things about himself and be cordial to all others.  It's the only logical explanation.

Ok.  Are we in a Bourne Conspiracy movie here or are we talking about an Axl interview?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bwhahaha... so funny you say that. I have a personal friend who keeps track of the Guns saga, but as an observer (not an internet poster), and has been dead convinced ever since that chat that it was Del James.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

I think it was Del or someone along those lines posting as Axl...saying what he/she thought Axl might say while further cementing their position in the brand.  Axl stays quiet enough and feels at least a little like that occasionally, so nothing is done to clear the air.

Do I believe Axl knows some of what happens on the forums?  Sure, I believe he knows what people tell him.  I believe what people tell him isn't really what happens on the forums, but it's what represents what they want him to know.  Heck, I may be famous in the Rose household.  But I don't believe for a second that Axl really knows what the fans think of him or the band.  I'm confident he cares, but I also believe he's afraid to know the truth.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"Lost In Translation"

The story of Guns N' Roses... starting with Doug freakin' Goldstein.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think it was Del or someone along those lines posting as Axl...saying what he/she thought Axl might say while further cementing their position in the brand.  Axl stays quiet enough and feels at least a little like that occasionally, so nothing is done to clear the air.

Do I believe Axl knows some of what happens on the forums?  Sure, I believe he knows what people tell him.  I believe what people tell him isn't really what happens on the forums, but it's what represents what they want him to know.  Heck, I may be famous in the Rose household.  But I don't believe for a second that Axl really knows what the fans think of him or the band.  I'm confident he cares, but I also believe he's afraid to know the truth.

I hear you, but I don't agree.  In this day and age with technology the way it is it's completely common for famous people to go online and read blogs and comments to see what people think of them.  I don't doubt Axl resides in that camp.  Howard Stern talks about how he goes on the Stern Fan Network from time to time and reads about how much his "fans" hate him and hate the show.  And he says he'll never go back on, but always does.  It's too tempting not to, and honestly no celebrity should get bent out of shape over what "us" idiots write in forums, blogs, and such.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Most celebrities aren't like Axl Rose.  Axl's issues are well documented.  I don't want to get into a diagnosis discussion, but it's fair to say he's far from normal.

Board footer