You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

AtariLegend wrote:

Not exactly posted by Gun's, but Duff's wife has been replying to questions.

Someone said something about Gun's turning up 3 hours late.

She replied:

"sorry but he's been on time for the whole last tour, and all the times Duff's been out w him.. Check your resources please ?"

Including someone who offered to work for free as a Roadie if they play Slane Castle tongue.

https://twitter.com/SuHolmesMcKagan/with_replies

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Not exactly posted by Gun's, but Duff's wife has been replying to questions.

Someone said something about Gun's turning up 3 hours late.

She replied:

"sorry but he's been on time for the whole last tour, and all the times Duff's been out w him.. Check your resources please ?"

Including someone who offered to work for free as a Roadie if they play Slane Castle tongue.

https://twitter.com/SuHolmesMcKagan/with_replies

I think they should get Slash and Duff to handle almost all the promo. They were always really good at giving the band positive publicity despite all of Axl's crazy behavior. Get Slash and Duff on the various talk shows, social media like this thing with Duff's wife, etc.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I agree with her. It's gonna be smooth as silk.

Also agree that Slash and Duff should do 90% of the promo especially if an album or a single is in the pipeline.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I actually prefer Slash & Duff doing promo. I told a friend this yesterday. Axl HATES promo. I am still old enough to remember people asking questions post-1991, why it seemed like Axl was NEVER on MTV doing interviews, when he was so over-saturated during the AFD/Lies-period.

Slash & Duff handled everything during the heart of UYI, as well as Gilby, and occasionally Dizzy. Dizzy is WAY better today at being a face for GN'R, but Gilby just naturally fell right into that slot, despite being new.

However Slash & Duff were BORN for this. They just know how to play the game.

I don't think anything is going to change from the UYI days. Slash & Duff have now become the brand of GN'R again, and for me.... that is really fucking weird. I keep wanting to pinch myself, or try to look up Kurt Cobain & Layne Staley and see what they're up to today (they're still dead btw)

It's like 1992-93 all over again... or it will be imo.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah and also take into consideration that Slash was the ONLY GNR member doing promo for TSI. He didn't do much but it was more than the others.

johndivney wrote:

The promo on the AEG end started off well & hopefully will continue. The Star Wars ad was such a cool coup.
I'm sure AEG/Coachella will do some decent promo in the that part of the world.

But when it comes to Guns' own - we're a long ways away from them having to go through LA putting their own flyers up..
I think Axl thinks that at this stage the promo should be handled by another department (be it Uni or AEG) & has a very real reluctance (or fear) of selling the shit himself, like its beneath him somehow. He's never been a polished, PR-trained, pop star & as a result in the rare interviews he has given have been more character pieces/general interest than they have been typical promo to sell a tour or album.

It just seems to come easier to Slash. He's definitely more laid back, more comfortable in that sort of arena.
I guess it comes down to whether Axl's willing to let them do promo or not.

I actually really like they way it was built up & revealed. We've all known now for months - take away SG's confirmation from Adler's singer, the actual hints n shit they were drip feeding really helped build a lot of buzz & goodwill. Just look at how it brought people back on here when they first started catching wind of the thing. It was cool. If they keep it close to the fans I don't really have any problem if they don't do massive promo/media blitz. I don't need to see them prancing about trying to sell themselves like Adele or Bono or Jon Bon Jovi. There'll be plenty of billboards & radio spots closer to the time for the public to get on board, for now tho I think it's been good how they've done it & brought the online community back together again.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

The promo on the AEG end started off well & hopefully will continue. The Star Wars ad was such a cool coup.
I'm sure AEG/Coachella will do some decent promo in the that part of the world.

But when it comes to Guns' own - we're a long ways away from them having to go through LA putting their own flyers up..
I think Axl thinks that at this stage the promo should be handled by another department (be it Uni or AEG) & has a very real reluctance (or fear) of selling the shit himself, like its beneath him somehow. He's never been a polished, PR-trained, pop star & as a result in the rare interviews he has given have been more character pieces/general interest than they have been typical promo to sell a tour or album.

It just seems to come easier to Slash. He's definitely more laid back, more comfortable in that sort of arena.
I guess it comes down to whether Axl's willing to let them do promo or not.

I actually really like they way it was built up & revealed. We've all known now for months - take away SG's confirmation from Adler's singer, the actual hints n shit they were drip feeding really helped build a lot of buzz & goodwill. Just look at how it brought people back on here when they first started catching wind of the thing. It was cool. If they keep it close to the fans I don't really have any problem if they don't do massive promo/media blitz. I don't need to see them prancing about trying to sell themselves like Adele or Bono or Jon Bon Jovi. There'll be plenty of billboards & radio spots closer to the time for the public to get on board, for now tho I think it's been good how they've done it & brought the online community back together again.

Agreed. We want to know every little detail right now. It's the world we live in. But there's plenty of time for everything to fall into place and get the promotional train rolling. Of course there's also the possibility for the complete opposite to happen, but let's not think about that.

AtariLegend wrote:

I was just informed by mgmt to not acknowledge anything about coachella, gnr, etc.  So there, denied! #GamesForDays

https://twitter.com/CPitmanofficial/sta … 1775545344

He's also subtlety removed the info on his twitter where it said  (GunsNRoses (1998 to Present).

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I was just informed by mgmt to not acknowledge anything about coachella, gnr, etc.  So there, denied! #GamesForDays

https://twitter.com/CPitmanofficial/sta … 1775545344

He's also subtlety removed the info on his twitter where it said  (GunsNRoses (1998 to Present).

He gone

AtariLegend wrote:

He would have deleted the other posts then, removed one of the profile photos at the side with him/Axl and not be told anything by management.

Board footer