You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't get the NIN reference, considering Reznor runs just a one man show.

If anything, it's similar to Alice In Chains re-launch, making it clear coming out of the ashes that AIC "the band" is Jerry/Sean/Mike Inez. Even DuVall is kind of an additional musician, even on the newer studio albums, other than like a song or two, most of DuVall's contributions has just been some rhythm guitar, with the other three, still being the main band.

Never thought i'd see the day GN'R (or AIC for that matter), were seen as a "trio" like Nirvana. Irony.

And me too... I don't have a problem with it at all.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

They posted a video hyping the Vegas shows. Only Axl, Slash/Duff are anywhere in sight.

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/6 … 5175997441

Not even gonna lie.... I was FULL-HARD after watching that video.

Damn this is all so surreal.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

They posted a video hyping the Vegas shows. Only Axl, Slash/Duff are anywhere in sight.

Lol....  Yes. Full boner mode. Slash and Axl look so much cooler together.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

I don't get the NIN reference, considering Reznor runs just a one man show.

Well NIN is Reznor and Reznor only. GNR looks to be Axl, Slash, and Duff only. Nothing else matters whatsoever. All the promotion surrounds them and its only hardcores currently discussing the open slots. They could have it be a different rotating cast each night and it wont change a thing. Frank Ferrer or Roseanne Barr on drums? Doesn't matter if current promo is any indication of where its going.

The only exception would be if some sort of AFD anniversary show occurs at some point.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

If Axl comes out there, and musically it's obvious that Slash & Duff are in AXL'S band... then yes, it'll still be the NIN/GN'R-show.

I'm curious if these guys are a real fucking band again. They are all equal 3rd's, but professionally, artistically, legally, and on stage. I'll be real curious in these first shows to see how the rest of the players in the band are highlighted.

Look at Queen. All those backing musicians, including Roger Taylor's son on percussion, but when those lights are on... it's all about Brian May, Roger Taylor, and whatever featured vocalist they have this tour under the Queen banner.

I'm wondering if GN'R is switching to that formation in this re-branding.

johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Had the opposite effect for me..
That vid is what it's going to be like live, footage/people cut & pasted. One guy on the side of the stage, 5 feet away from him is his bandmate but the guy hates him & is only there for the money & wants nothing to do with him. Worried there'll be no atmosphere - or worse a really bad one - coming from the band.. Can't see them being too friendly. Hope I'm wrong tho. Stage needs to be small keep them all closely together, can't see that happening either.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

So true. Those two just look right together. Still the epitome of cool, the best singer/guitarist partnership in rock.

Seeing that first stream will be absolutely surreal. What will Axl say? Will they hug? What will they play? I'm getting jittery like a kid on christmas thinking about it.

johndivney wrote:

Had the opposite effect for me..
That vid is what it's going to be like live, footage/people cut & pasted. One guy on the side of the stage, 5 feet away from him is his bandmate but the guy hates him & is only there for the money & wants nothing to do with him. Worried there'll be no atmosphere - or worse a really bad one - coming from the band.. Can't see them being too friendly. Hope I'm wrong tho. Stage needs to be small keep them all closely together, can't see that happening either.

With any other band, sure. But this is Axl. I doubt he would take the stage with Slash just for the money. I think they have truly made up. Might not be best friends, but I'm not afraid it will be awkward.

johndivney wrote:

Tokyo dvds, mate. That's the nightmare.
I think it'll be little more than a job. A 3 hour one. Axl arrives, goes on stage, leaves & never has to exchange 2 words with Slash or anyone the whole time. It's how he's been doing things for years. Just now a bit more animosity & jealousy about when it's Slash on ax & not some random like DJ/finck.. I'm afraid it'll be awkward.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

John may be right. But it would be really cool if Axl addressed some of the shit over the years and says it is behind them and him and Slash give each other a hug.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I can see it being very much played down and joked about on stage. Wouldn't surprise me if we just got Axl saying 'let me introduce the new guitarist, you may have heard of him' kind of thing.

Not expecting chapter and verse, on stage at least.

Board footer