You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Re: Santa Apparently a Bigot

Dreamline wrote:

From http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story.a … 54f&rss=50

Ho, Ho, Ho a No, No 

Everybody knows Santa's jolly laugh, but these days some want Santa to just say no to 'Ho, Ho, Ho.'

In Australia Santa has been banned from saying ho, ho, ho because the word "ho" is slang for the word "whore" or a not-so-nice girl.

Rappers have long been criticized for using the term in songs and we all know what happened to Don Imus when he used it in a joke about the Rutgers University women's basketball team.

So, this year, when Santa visits the land down under, instead of saying ho, ho, ho, he must now say ha, ha, ha.

Parents we spoke with say that Santa is fine just the way he is, and ho, ho, ho is here to stay at least for now in the U.S.A.

I thought I saw this posted somewhere here already, but I couldn't find it.  Also, despite what it says in that last paragraph, I heard that some mouth-breathing morons in North Carolina think this is a good idea and want their shopping mall Santas to follow this policy.

I'm just stunned by this.  How stupid can people possibly be?! sad

Any woman, ANY WOMAN who hears a shopping mall Santa saying "ho ho ho" and gets offended, you just get your slutty ass up their and sign your name on Santa's naughty little girls list because you've got some serious guilty issues! mad

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, its just another example of how our society has went in the gutter. When Santa cant say "Ho, Ho, Ho" but kids can watch reality shows filled with sex and go to school eating birth control and pocketing condoms, you know that society is near a total meltdown.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Society has became totally insane when it comes to "an opportunity to take offense."  Whether it be racial ("reverse racism" has became the flavor of the day as of late), sex-based, etc we are just LOOKING for something to offend us.  My local high school football team is called the "Indians" and of course we have an Indian mascot.  There is a big controversy now of changing the name and the mascot as to not offend the Native American population.  It just doesn't stop.  We have far too much to worry about in this country without trying to create problems by meaningless, petty crap.

That's rediculous.

You guys are so right about society looking for something to be offended by.   

What Santa goes Ha Ha Ha, might as well not even have Santa say anything at all.

I guess they are going to edit all the Christmas specials, such bullshit.

I think its bullshit that Santa Claus is white.   he should be a minority.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Gunslinger wrote:

Society has became totally insane when it comes to "an opportunity to take offense."  Whether it be racial ("reverse racism" has became the flavor of the day as of late), sex-based, etc we are just LOOKING for something to offend us.  My local high school football team is called the "Indians" and of course we have an Indian mascot.  There is a big controversy now of changing the name and the mascot as to not offend the Native American population.  It just doesn't stop.  We have far too much to worry about in this country without trying to create problems by meaningless, petty crap.

That's completely true, worst thing is the people who decide it's offensive have nothing to do with whatever it is they think is offensive. I bet it's not a tribe of native americans campaigning for the name change is it? There's some absolutely crazy terms that have been tabooed in the UK now all in the name of 'not causing offense', in schools you can no longer call a blackboard a 'blackboard' anymore presumabely because it has the word 'black' in it. You could travel to the ends of the earth and I doubt you would meet a single person black or white person who would get offended by the word blackboard. Yet some spanner down in London in their politically correct beige office has decided the best way to solve the problem of racism is just by changing the names of stuff presumabley until the word black is completely removed from the english language. The childrens nursery rhyme Ba Ba blacksheep has now been changed to Ba Ba bluesheep and at certain places of work you can't take your coffee black or white, it must be with or without milk. It's beyond a joke and is showing no sign of stopping, the word black will practically be a swear word in 10 years. And all so people aren't offended, hmmm I'm sure the next black guy who goes for a job interview and doesn't get it simply because of the colour of his skin won't mind quite as much now because he's safe in the knowledge that his daughter is singing Ba Ba bluesheep at school instead of that horrible racist version they used to sing.  roll

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

To be quite honest a lot of kids, teens i mean, do make jokes about saying 'ho, ho, ho' but I don't think that's grounds to change it. Shall we take the word 'gay' out of Deck the Halls too?

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I bet it's not a tribe of native americans campaigning for the name change is it?

You guessed it, it's your average whiney middle classed stay-at-home Mom who has nothing better to do than to watch Oprah and Dr. Phyl and believes the media as the law and gospel.  Therefore they must believe all white people are the evil of the world and it is their sole jobs to make sure they do their parts in "saving the world" from "whitey the devil".  16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

people need a fucking life...thats what it is. Santa has said ho ho ho for a million fucing years, now a ll of a sudden its bad....next thing you know Santa will cause obesity and cancer...actually scratch that, I already heard that they are thinkign of making santa skinny, cuz he is a negative role model for kids and that he makes kids think its ok to be fat ... like i said people need to get a fucking life 17

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Next thing people will call him a pedophile because he "sees you when you're sleeping" or being a thug for breaking and entering.  This is ri-goddamn-diculous! 

Santa is a bigot though... he only gives presents to good Christian kids.  Everyone else wakes up with nothing on Christmas morning.  That kind of should not be permissible in our societ.  Add that to the fact that the man only employs little people in his work shop, at exploitively low wages mind you,  and he does kind of look like Archie Bunker with a beard, you've got yourself a total bigot alright.

Board footer