You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Site Maintenance Coming Soon

AtariLegend wrote:

Fixed...?

-edit-

Okay then, nevermind.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

So are we good now?

I looked at a couple of threads and they are blank or it says bad request.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah sorry about this guys ... the tech team is still working on it, we'll keep you all informed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

elmir and downliner are doing what they can to get these problems solved. They are both amazing at this tech stuff, so if anyone can fix it, its them.

Having said that, its obvious that some major glitches occurred during the transfer to a new host. Even when a previous back up was restored, the problems were still there. This may take awhile to fix.

Sky Dog wrote:

losing stuff on the board is no big deal in my opinion...half the shit is just tired old arguments....now you don't want to lose the discog info....chinese whispers, gnr in the year, etc..We can always start a new argument on the "name issue" anytime!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You make a great point. Losing a few hundred posts(like what happened this week) is no big deal to me. Yes it sucks to lose thoughts you/we spent time posting, but that's how these things go. That's why I tried to get people to post in a certain amount of threads while work was being done. I knew it would probably get lost, and if not, would make it easier to retrieve those posts at a later date on a new backup.

The main priority is getting the site stable again. Will some posts and karma be lost? Probably. However, its worth it just to get the site working properly again.

Everyone is gonna have to be patient while we iron the kinks out. I know its frustrating and reminds long time users of the ROV fiasco three years ago, but this is an entirely different situation and we are doing what we can to get things moving again.

I didn't post the losing threads thing because I was complaining, I just wanted you guys to be aware of it...not that you're not, you know what I mean...LOL.

It's all good and when all the kinks are ironed out, it'll be even better!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Hope you get it sorted, I'm hopefull theres going to be at least one kickass show in South America televised, either way there still will be plenty to discuss over the next month.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

am i the only one who is looking at a completely static version of this site i.e. no updates at all????

Board footer