You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Duffs book update..

Mikkamakka wrote:

Bidding for Duff McKagan's autobiography

Ex-Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan is planning his autobiography and an auction for the rights to publish it is heating up. The bidding has reportedly topped $250,000 already according to Crain's New York Business.

The bids for the Velvet Revolver bassist's book are being made by publishing houses on the basis of a 40-page proposal, which starts on the day in 1994 when his pancreas ruptured. In an intrerview in 2009, McKagan indicated that his book will be about his life's adventures and experiences.

Former GNR guitarist Slash has already published his autobiography and former bandmate and ex-GNR drummer Steven Adler is having his book published by HarperCollns on June 22. It is titled My Appetite For Destruction: Sex, And Drugs And Guns N' Roses.

http://www.therockradio.com/2010/03/bid … raphy.html

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

looking forward to this book!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, this book definitely has potential. A book by Duff or Izzy on the band would probably be the most honest as both are more neutral and more likely to give an honest portrayal of what went down.

I still haven't read Slash's book. Should probably do so before this book comes out.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I have it on pdf if you need it ( I also bought the book)

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
mickronson wrote:

This sounds great man! If you're feeling generous with that pdf.....

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Definently looking forward to Duffs book, he is a great writer. Slash's was tedious at times, like when he kept saying "but we'll come to that later" etc. Thats annoying in its self, but the fact he often never bothered to "come back" to things 17

I lost respect for Slash after reading his book, I grew up around junkies and alcoholics and know their ways too well. Throughout his book he stumbles through life in a heroin and booze induced haze, and  yet no matter what is going wrong in his life or who he is having difficulties with - he never once seemed to comprehend that him and his intoxicated state could be playing a part in making things difficult for other people, its always them at fault.
Aye right! roll

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Duff is the only capable writer of them, book-wise. I'll be the first to buy it.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
mickronson wrote:

This sounds great man! If you're feeling generous with that pdf.....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2gpoll
Slash book in pdf

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Duff McKagan: 'My Book Won't Be A Guns N' Roses Tell-All'

Duff McKagan has vowed not to focus on Guns N' Roses' troubles in his upcoming autobiography - insisting the book won't be a "tell-all".

The band underwent several line-up changes over the years - drummer Stever Adler was fired in 1990 after his drug habit spiralled out of control and guitarist Slash quit the band in 1996 following a series of rows with frontman Axl Rose.

McKagan left in 1997 and went onto form Loaded in 2000 before re-teaming with Slash to create Velvet Revolver in 2002.

But he's determined not to lift the lid on the tensions between his former bandmates in his new book.

In his column on SeattleWeekly.com, he writes, "I want to make clear that this book is not a GN'R (Guns N' Roses) 'tell-all' or some other such 'rock' book. Sure, I will touch on all of that, as it is part of my story, but only just a part of it.

"It will be a story of an ordinary guy who met with extraordinary circumstances, and the circumnavigation through these situations. If you have been a reader of my column, then you get the general idea of my headspace. I WILL be writing this myself, thick or thin."

The book is set for release next year.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st … ll_1136897

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm excited and I get that Duff would be one of the least biased members to write but... how much do you think he really remembers? Dude lost a major organ to his drug usage, I really have to be skeptical about anything he says regarding the Illusions era (same goes for Slash's book).

Board footer