You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Corey Haim Found Dead

James wrote:

This guy took 85 valium a day. Makes me look like a pussy. I don't even take valium that often anymore, but when I did the most I would chew at once is eight. Eighty milligrams is enough to put you on cloud nine for awhile, and anything more than that, you're playing with fire. Take into account you take other downers with these.

This guy's tolerance level was all out of whack.

This is probably a case where he hadn't taken anything in awhile, took his usual dose, and it was simply too much for his body to handle.

Drugs are no laughing matter, and while prescription drugs are yummy and easy to get, they are very dangerous.

James

James wrote:

By the way, in my circle we refer to valium as "Scooby snacks".  14

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

holy crap...85!!!?? i cant even take 2 tylenol w/ codeine without falling own 10 minutes later 16

James

James wrote:

Tylenol is pure poison. Should be removed from the market immediately. A lot of pill overdoses are from the tylenol and not the actual narcotic. If anyone here abuses pills, I highly recommend cold water extracting the goodies from the poison.  Even if taking a higher grade pain pill(Norco, Oxy), should still do the extraction.

All it takes is water, a coffee filter or cheesecloth, a freezer, and you're good to go.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Jeez, 85 a day!!   I realize Valium probably isn't as harmful as other meds but that's still an incredible amount. Danny Bonaduce has a radio show here & he said Dr Drew once knew or worked with a person/celebrity who was taking over 100 pills a day. He didn't know who it was though, or didn't say, but I find that amazing someone can get to that point in life (you'd think after 20 a day for a while you'd realize you have a serious problem), and build up such a tolerance.

James

James wrote:

I've taken 50 vicodin in a day, but its not my daily intake.

When you use pills, the tolerance level goes up very quickly. Pain pills are basically synthetic heroin, and are just as addicting.

Valium/xanax/Ativan a totally different beast, but yeah 85 is way too many. That's 850 milligrams. You could down an elephant with less than that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The 80s continue to die. God must have a grudge or something.

I loved Haim growing up as a a kid. Never really got into Feldman, but to see Haim die, is not much of a shock.

Like others have already said, the dude had some kind of amazing tolarance for painkillers. I don't even believe the stuff he took. 2-3 oxy's or something similar, and i'm feeling good. Haim used to take this stuff by the ship-full.

It's a shame. I kind of hoped he'd make a comeback. He had a natural screen presence, at the very least, as a B-level action star. Lucas is a classic, Lost Boys is legend, License To Drive was my favorite teen comedy growing up, Watchers is one of my favorite horror films, Fast Getaway was hilarious, and I thought Prayer of the Rollerboys was underrated in a film noir sense.

Watching the Two Coreys kind of made it even sadder. This guy was finished. The bad thing was, despite all of his issues... he was still incredibly likeable. He seemed like the kind of guy you could hang with. Unlike Feldman who was just a straight up douche bag...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's funny I don't use drugs at all but it seems most of the people I meet in day to day life do. Makes me wonder what's happening as a society, like if people are getting more unhappy in their normal lives and looking for an escape or what.

No offense to the drug users here, my life is probably more messed up than yours so i don't mean this post to come off judgmental. Just it worries me, like I think how long before I see people I know start dropping off the way these celebs do.

Anyway RIP Corey. I'll always remember as a kid walking to my local milk bar (which is a corner store that sells candy and various grocery items - don't know if they're called the same thing out of Oz - this is pre supermarket dominace too) and they'd just got VHS tapes...and I go in there with my mum and my sister and they're off buying milk and some stuff. So i'm looking at this video cover:

license_to_drive.jpg

So here I am 11 years old or something...attending an all boys school yet already obsessed with girls...so i'm looking at that pic and thinking about how i'd like to fuck that 80s looking chick in the middle...(mind you I don't think i actually got laid for decades after this moment but hey...a guy can dream!)...so i stare at it on the shelf so long without picking it up...that i get  transfixed...no idea how long i'd been standing in the spot.

Then my mum comes over and snaps me back to reality asking "what on earth are you looking at so longingly"...and I was such a shy kid I pretended quickly I was interested in some other  cartoon video above it.

Pointless story, but I guess back in 1988 Corey represented an exciting world I wanted to be a part of driving around, picking up chicks, partying and so on, being a lot cooler than I was.....so whenever I hear about him...I think of that day and that video box. RIP.

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

No offense to the drug users here, my life is probably more messed up than yours so i don't mean this post to come off judgmental. Just it worries me, like I think how long before I see people I know start dropping off the way these celebs do.

Bite your tongue.....:flame:

Cool story about the VHS cover. I had a similar experience. While Winona Ryder had been around a few years at that point, I remember being mesmerized by the cover of Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael when I was 14 or 15. I went to the video store constantly in those days, and I would always be sure to walk by that tape and have a look. A LONG look. 16 That movie isn't really all that great, and I associate it more with that experience than the actual movie.

Here's the pic in question....

Welcome_home_roxy_carmichael_poster.jpg

Board footer