You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Slash: 'Rose Is Misunderstood'

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Slash:

He says, "You have to attempt to understand him as a human being and where he's coming from. I see things very black and white. That's just me. And that doesn't necessarily mean that that's right. And he sees things in a very colourful kind of way, and I can't really knock it, 'cause that's just him.

Bullshit. When you say your ex-band mate is a cancer, when you tell your own parents to fuck off on stage, when it's always someone else's fault etc, then you don't see things in a colourful way, but very much in black and white.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

]
Fuck off and promote your album...

By being the biggest whore. He'll play with anyone, hold contests to play on your band's album, etc. Slash will do anything/say anything just to stay in the spotlight. Used to love him, but now I can't stand him. Biggest fucking whore.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

He just likes to not sit on his ass for 10 years, thats all.. so working with axl must have been like being in a sexless marriage

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Unfortunately Axl's bad public perception and it's persistance to this very day is largely his own doing.  Is it an accurate perception - probably not entirely.  But peoples perceptions are their realities so the only way to change that (if you wish to) is to try and show them something different going forward.  Simply arguing the facts (what Slash might have said or done, he's a cancer, a liar) won't change most peoples opinions - even if Axl is telling the truth.  It's too late, the damage is done, that horse has bolted long ago. 

You can only work on moving forward and demonstrating through your actions that peoples inital perception was incorrect, irrespective of what Slash has or hasn't said.  Unnfortuantely Axl hasn't had much success changing the publics perception of him and that has largely been due to his actions and behaviours since.

The ironic thing is that even though Slash pretty much says only nice or polite things about Axl these days when asked in interviews, I imagine this would still really piss off Axl, because again Slash is made to look like the gracious one out of this whole petty affair and Axl the angry, vindictive, spiteful child.

It's a bit like looking at the bands breakup as the 7 stages of grieving, Slash is at the final stage "Acceptance and Hope".  Axl is stuck at the "Anger" stage.

'¢Shock or Disbelief
'¢Denial
'¢Bargaining
'¢Guilt
'¢Anger
'¢Depression
'¢Acceptance and Hope

Just being a little nitpicky, but your 7 stages are actually 5.  Especially since disbelief and denial go hand in glove as do bargaining and guilt. 

So it's really:

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

Those are the correct stages and correct order.  Anger is second.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'd like to know why he gave that interview saying Axl refused to go on stage unless they signed over the name, which became carved into the media and publics consciousness. Then shamelessly wrote a book with told a completely different story, apparantly unaware of his previous version!
I know why, cause he was high on smack and talking shit to play the fans making himself look like a hero. And he wonders why the guy is misunderstood roll

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
russtcb wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

By being the biggest whore. He'll play with anyone, hold contests to play on your band's album, etc. Slash will do anything/say anything just to stay in the spotlight. Used to love him, but now I can't stand him. Biggest fucking whore.

Quoted for truth. People don't really seem to want to see this.

Yeah, perception is a funny thing. I couldn't disagree more with what you're saying, but can't be bothered to argue against it. You guys are obviously more than convinced of how you feel towards him that there just doesn't seem to be a point in even trying to repair some of the damage that was somehow done.

So yeah, if you feel VW commercials, cringeworthy Bill Gates appearances, actually giving interviews with your heart on your tongue, guitar hero endorsements, having small parts in movies, performing with the BEP's, Blackstreet or MJ type acts, doing charity gigs, sponsoring contests, putting out signature gear with major manufacturers, ... generally making money and loving your job... makes you a whore, then so be it. I would say you've got your priorities mixed up, but hey... who am I.

I for one couldn't care less. I love his licks, solos, songs, fan interaction and overall guitar sound so I love seeing him out there doing stuff regardless of his extra curricular activities.

The only thing that does bother me though... you guys feeling the constant need to vent your feelings and calling them "truth" for some odd egotistical reason.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

[youtube]d2FT4FprxDg&feature=related[/youtube]

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

are you a whore for going to chicago for that sales trip you did? 16

if someone asks you for you help or input you have 2 options....tell them to go fuck themselves or grace them with your presence

to me it doesnt tarnish anything, i actually think its quite impressive that he is so well respected that people who transcend genres and era want to collaborate with the man, to me that speaks volumes of his ability

sure i dont always enjoy the collaborations or agree with them but who am I? he obviously has used his networking to its potential

Board footer