You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: www.tommystinson.com

faldor wrote:

http://tommystinson.com/from-russia-with-love/

Hello Peoples!

Lots of news coming your way from Moscow!

First off, I just thought I'™d let you all know that the current European tour is going very well. I want to thank all of you people out there for coming to the shows '” they have been a lot of fun.
Ask
Tommy

This coming Friday at 12:00p PST brings the debut of 'Ask Tommy,�  a live video broadcast on uStream where I'™ll answer your questions about whatever. If you miss it, don'™t worry, it will be archived. It'™s been a long time since i'™ve done one of these and it should be good for some laughs. I probably won'™t be able to get to all of your questions this time around, but you should still try. If you want to submit questions, there are two ways:

TWITTER '“ Click here to ask via Twitter by including Tommy'™s Twitter name (@tommy_stinson) and the hash tag (#AskTommy)
FACEBOOK '“ Click here to post your questions on Tommy'™s Facebook wall.

Timkatec
Fundraiser

I also want to let you know my fundraiser for Haiti relief has picked up a lot of steam and and I'™m getting super excited about getting started with it. It'™s a great cause, and as I have said previously, they need our help now and will need our help and support for a long time to come. The organization I will be working with is called Timkatec. Please check out their website and see all the great work they have been doing down there for over 10 years. I'™ll have lots more info about this for you in the coming weeks.

Also coming this very soon is the debut of the Tommy Stinson Store! I will have new t-shirts and buttons for you to scoop up, and we'™ll be stocking up the store with more goodies as time goes on.

Thats all for now. Now it'™s off to see the sights here in Moscow.

Love,

t

faldor

faldor wrote:

Hey Peoples!

Thanks for all the great questions on Twitter and Facebook.  Today's the day I answer as much as I can!

Tune in at 12:00p Pacific, 3:00p Eastern (US) at http://tommystinson.com/ask-tommy and enjoy! If you can't make it over at that time, don't worry, we'll post instructions to watch an archived version later on.

Love,
Tommy

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Cool, I asked a few and heres hoping I make the cut big_smile

So is this happening in just a couple of hours?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Tommy was just on but the video was fucked, only audio. Was good though, he wasnt ducking anything and even spoke about Buckethead. Looks like the rumours about Bucket not getting on with the other guys were true.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah i listened too...sounded like they were gonna try to sort out the video problem and come back on

faldor

faldor wrote:

I didn't get to hear it live.  I'll have to catch it when they put it up on his site.  Here's a brief rundown from "NewGNRnOldGNR" on HTGTH.

He didn't say 'Riad N' The Bedouins would not be played, he merely said it hasn't been played to date because so much other material was being played. He also said that they would eventually incorporate it with other 'Use Your Ullusion material at some point. Tommy said it would be cool to play all of 'Chinese Democracy live some time. He said his favourite tracks to play at the minute are 'Madagascar, he digs the lyrics, and he also enjoys 'Catcher In The Rye. He did say however his favourites are regularly subject to change. He commended Ron's ability, and referred to him as a very complexed guy. Dizzy was described as the 'glue�  of the band, and Chris as the guy who fills in the gaps. He referred to Buckethead's chicken coup, and according to another listener, he initially stated Buckethead thought the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses would be Buckethead with Axl on vocals, and when the limelight wasn't his to consume, he bunked off in what I'd say was a huff.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting.

See that's just so hard to believe on either side. Axl claimed Bucket was basically a diva to deal with, and even went so far as to accuse him as using GN'R to get a record deal.

Yet anyone who knows Bucket and his past behavior, knows this guy, despite his attire, goes out of his way to not get involved in the mainstream, the limelight so to speak.

Yet Thomas Eugene Stinson, is a very reliable guy, and a very reliable source of info. This guy probably knows more about CD's production than Axl in reality.

So if Tommy says it, I tend to believe him, yet it goes completely against the grain of everything i've ever known Bucket to be.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Not really related to Tommy's website, but I read this over on HTGTH.

This is a response Tommy gave to someone on his facebook.  The original fan comment was about how they couldn't get Village Gorilla Head in Australia.

Tommy Stinson  Send your complaints to Universal Music Group, and Warner Bros.(perfect,bash and pop). Please feel free to give them your thoughts about how they handled Chinese Democracy. I WAS ROBBED!!!!!!!
about an hour ago

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Tommy agrees with Axl then.

johndivney wrote:

two funny posts there ^

Board footer