You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The GNRev Cover Song Challenge

PaSnow wrote:

So in another thread some of us got to talking, about having a contest of any of us doing a cover song competition. Eventually, this might turn into something ongoing (as in a 70's song, a Stones song, a 2000's song etc), but for now, and the first one, we'll keep it open.

The rules are you pick a song (preferably well known) and cover it. Any way you can is acceptable (guitar, acoustic/electric, piano, drums I suppose) whatever. We ask that you play it, and it's in some way self recorded (webcam, 4track, pc mic etc) not going in to the studio with your full band (Russ & Dr Love, looking your way).

The Deadline for completion is April 15th. We'll then all post our songs, or links to them, and set up a poll for all of us (even those who didn't compete) to judge. We'll allow us to vote, just not for ourselves. This way a higher # of people can vote.

Thats about it, any questions ask. Feel free to comment if your entering. Don't have to reveal which song we're doing. Since it's open ended I think it's unlikely anyone will choose the same song.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I'm alright with it, if everyone else is. For the first one we can just see how it goes. If it becomes blatantly unfair we'll change it up. However I don't want to be the be all end all rulemaker of this. 

I'll smoke Dr Love's ass anyway, so it's not like it matters. HA!  tongue

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I dunno if its worth it for me to even participate...I'm a casual player at best, and out of practice to boot

me going up against a whole band that actually plays bars and stuff...yeah right

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I dunno if its worth it for me to even participate...I'm a casual player at best, and out of practice to boot

me going up against a whole band that actually plays bars and stuff...yeah right

Neemo do it.  Pretty sure you're better than me. However I always wanted to get a good recording in of me playing, as best I can, and go all out. Now I have a reason to actually do it.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

keen to have a crack at this

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i'm in too. To be honest i'm not really into it for the competition side of it, as I'm quite used to people handing me my ass on guitar, more just cos it will be a bit of fun to see what everyone likes, can do, and get to know each other more...so i think you should play neemo...just for the enjoyment of it.

Hey bumble is a member too right...lol...better not tell him or we're all fucked..as he shreds out stairway with his feet or something!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer