You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The GNRev Cover Song Challenge

James wrote:

Didn't download it but I streamed it and you did a damn good job. Just now catching up on what you guys have been doing in this thread and I'm very impressed. I look forward to all you guys actually collaborating on something, whether its a GNR tune, another cover tune, or a brand spanking new song.

You give a grittiness to this track that the album lacks. If you guys do cover Better, aim in that direction. Dr. Love, when you "produce" this project, please don't gloss it up too much. Let the songs breathe.

Some nice jamming from monkeychow as well.I hate that ZZ Top song but you did it justice. Kudos.

PasNow, that took balls doing River of Deceit.

Leave it to backlash to play a song no one but him knows. 13 Good job though, and all you guys have balls to actually upload this stuff.

Good job Neemo on the pussiest song from Metallica. 19 13 Aa an outside producer on the project(I'm kidding), I want neemo's backing vocals buried in the mix. 14

Russ/Dr. Love, your band kicks major ass on Are You Gonna Go My Way? I love that Kravitz tune. Didn't like the Boys of Summer cover. The song has a real melancholy nostalgic feel to it, and your version strips that away.

Comfortably Numb sounds damn good.

Where in the fuck is Jimmy the Gent? Gonna have to email him this thread. He has an album out where he plays all instruments. Could definitely be a bonus to this project.

After you guys collaborate on a GNR(or original song), could you guys please take a stab on Overfloater? Not many covers of the song exist and all people do is cover Ben's bass, but I think you guys could easily tackle this song.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/wB9HRoIP/S … oater.html

Just stream it and post your thoughts on maybe taking a stab at it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Here's my favorite song from Jimmy's debut album. Check it out.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/z5RJeFsS/0 … World.html

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Stepven, is it possible for you to get your guitar tracks to dr_love? We've already got Franks drums and Tommys bass. We could get rolling on vocal and extra guitar work asap.

^^ Yeah it is lets get rolling on this  Ill pm the links t DR love later today

James Lofton wrote:

You give a grittiness to this track that the album lacks.
After you guys collaborate on a GNR(or original song), could you guys please take a stab on Overfloater?

Be happy to its a great tune

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Ok, sorry for failing on this the last 2 months.  I've had some things going on lately which I'll post about in the What is going on in your daily life thread.

That, and I tried upping the RAM in my computer last week and it blew the motherboard & is toast, so I'm using a crappy old PC from 10 years ago now, and can't import video & can barely browse the internet. But in a week should get my new computer.

At which point I'll upload my new "song".   Is it cool if we resume as a 70's cover?  I'll post mine early so it doesn't turn into us all uploading one at the deadline, and we'll do it monthly so June will be a 70's, August 80's & we'll go from there. Maybe insert something in Sept to change it up (girls cover) before continuing onto 90's & 00's.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Ok. If you guys want to record it or pro tools you can. If you have the time.  I was actually being sarcastic a bit last time with that comment.  I didn't figure anyone actually had it.  But mostly what I was trying to avoid was someone already having their bands cover song on an old CD & uploading that.  I think we trust you not to do that plus since it's more specific now with a theme it changes it up a bit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Recorded a cover of TNT by Ac/Dc recently with some friends...felt like sharing but didn't seem worth making a new thread so I thought i'd chuck it up here.

I'm playing the guitars on this one.

Hope you like it 9

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

i guess everyone liked it your inbox is full!  are you dave? if so yep you need your own thread !  good job!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

i guess everyone liked it your inbox is full!  are you dave? if so yep you need your own thread !  good job!

Hhehe thanks smile

Fixed my inbox now...turns out i hadn't deleted a message like EVER..haha.

Yeah i'm dave...and thanks for the kind words smile

Board footer