You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The GNRev Cover Song Challenge

James wrote:

After you guys do this, you should work together on a cover tune. One does guitar, the other bass, the other vocals,etc. Someone put it all together into a song.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

After you guys do this, you should work together on a cover tune. One does guitar, the other bass, the other vocals,etc. Someone put it all together into a song.

That would be pretty fun! I can add some guitars...nothing spectacular would depend on the song...but I can do some!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

We could do "I used to Love Her" ..  That'd be a fun song to try.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

We could do "I used to Love Her" ..  That'd be a fun song to try.

I'm in!  Sounds like fun.  I could do a drum track first and let you guys record on top of that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, ever since I saw this happen with members of Metal Sludge I've wanted to hear the musicians here do something similar.

Used To Love Her? I'd love to see you guys tackle something from Chinese Democracy, maybe the title track.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i guess i need to decide what to play though...are we jsut doing guitar? or are we to sing as well...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well if it varies from simple chord strumming i cant sing at the same time as playing, my brain cant process all that info yet 16

so obviously it will play a part in what i select if that is the case...but i'm gonna have to get off my ass and start practicing again if i'm gonna enter...i'll be one of the last entrants i think, in jsut under the wire

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'll smoke Dr Love's ass anyway, so it's not like it matters. HA!  tongue

Oh ho ho.... that's how we're gonna play it!! I accept your challenge. We're doing this like Lionel Richie: all night long. It's on like Donkey Kong!

James Lofton wrote:

I'm in love with this idea. Everyone can forward me tracks, I'll put it all together in Pro Tools.

Board footer