You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The GNRev Cover Song Challenge

PaSnow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So here's something to whett the appetite.

I made this today, it's not my entry for the cover contest, but it's a little blues jam for a bit of fun:

Basicly I had to test out a video camera for work to make sure it worked, so I did this just to test it out. It's sloppy as shit, and all off the top of my head so not the most original of works...and there's quite a few fuck ups and slips.....and yes i'm not the best guitarist in the world...but I hope someone enjoys it cos I had fun playing it!

Shucks. Well I'm not winning. 16

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I was going to post on this. Will it be better for everyone if we extend it thru the weekend. Let's say Sunday night?  What is that the 18th?  I know some of us are probably busy during weeknights to actually record.

I'll get mine up soon. Today or tomorrow to get the ball rolling.

I have no problem with this.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

But it will be minus 3 votes...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Quick question: Can we cover songs that GNR covered?  How about some that they never played in studio?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks to everyone who liked my video, you guys are very kind smile

As for backslash's question....I thought it was any song for the first one? Like a cover of any artist and doesn't have to be GNR? But I might have lost the plot smile

I like the idea of us all working on something together at some point too smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Might come up with something during the week-end, but my bass player is on vacation so I'd have to play that myself as well... We don't normally do covers, but we have a gig that requires us to play a bit longer than I'm comfortable with based on originals only, so we needed one or two. Currently thinking about doing Audioslave's Show Me How To Live, En Vogue's Free Your Mind or The Wolfbanes' As The Bottle Runs Dry (which might be a bit too obscure for this contest)... Hope I have something before the end of the contest.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

FUCK YEAH

Monk's gonna get a bit Bucket on us.

Board footer