You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

Re: The GNRev Cover Song Challenge

dr_love6977 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Besides, the singer(I assume Russ?) should probably choose the track based on what he feels comfortable singing.

I'm not a singer, but I'd have to imagine that CD would probably be the easiest song on that album to sing. I call dibs on Robin's solo tho, the BBF stuff, not so much lol!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Kick ass! I am in

Ill do a cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah or something

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ok here is me doing metallica's nothing else matters .... if well wishing was practice it's be better 16

i never sung this song and played it on guitar at the same time before today, so the chorus is a bit suspect (actually never sang it at all before today) 16

and i amaze myself with how smooth i go to the heavy part where the solo is supposed to be and pride myself on the smooth transistion to the outro 16

recorded with my ultra high tech 4 megapixel nikon coolpix

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Good job Neemo. Pretty good for banging out Metallica Nothing Else Matters. Esp the intro which you pretty much had.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i can do the picking on the verses too...but i cant sing and do that at the same time...my singing and playing simultaneously is restricted to chords 16

yeah i like playing that intro though, pretty fun smile i'd like to learn that tune you played too...i was actually gonna do rooster but didnt wanna overload on staley tunes smile so metallica was a last minute change, was gonna be either nothing else or fade to black...opted for the slower one

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Gimme a week will ya? I can to the guitar and bass drums during the week but can't do any vocals till the weekend

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm out.  I'm a hack compared to all of you.  There was a time I was okay, but I think it was about 15 years ago (long before I got married).  Once or twice a year doesn't cut it.

At some point I may download a vid of my crappy playing, but not in any contest.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Cool vids everyone smile

Here's my cover of ZZ Top's La Grange.

It's only recorded on cheap software so sounds like ass.

The drums and bass are from a backing track, but the poor vocals, rhythm guitars and lead guitars are me.

I just bought protools, but am upgrading my pc to get it to run, so hopefully when we do our next group project the audio quality of anything i contribute will be better.

Anyway..here it is, appologies to the great ZZ top!

Not only do you look rock n' roll, but the cover - 9

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer