You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Meat Loaf

Tommie wrote:

Anyone here listen to him?   He's one of my guilty pleasures.  His music may have actually had more impact on my life than GNR.  My dad used to always listen to him when I was younger.  When I say always, I mean always...whenever we were in the car he'd be playing bat out of hell 1, then once 93 came around, 2.  So yeah, I'm sure some of you guys are laughing, but does anyone on here listen to him?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't listen to him. I don't hate him, I just never really dug into his discography. I have never owned Bat Out Of Hell. I do remember the craze in 93 over that one song from II, and it was ok.

One of these days I'll give his albums a listen.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Anyone here listen to him?   He's one of my guilty pleasures.  His music may have actually had more impact on my life than GNR.  My dad used to always listen to him when I was younger.  When I say always, I mean always...whenever we were in the car he'd be playing bat out of hell 1, then once 93 came around, 2.  So yeah, I'm sure some of you guys are laughing, but does anyone on here listen to him?

Yep My wife has the Bat out of hell 2 & I bout Bat out of Hell3
cause Former Sebastian Bach/Anthrax Guitarist Paul Crook
is on the CD & he really is a great Guitarist. There are some good songs on
the CD but it's really a mood thing for me........

I have to be in a Progressive Theater mood. 22

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I know some of the "older crowd" I knew thought Bat Out of Hell was incredible but I never really liked any songs I heard from it.  I remember the "Anything For Love" song from II and I did think the guy has an impressive voice in a opera-like way but it still isn't really my cup of tea outside of that remake he did, I think it was "Rock N Roll Dreams?"  I kind of liked that one.  Maybe I just haven't heard enough from him.

nugdafied wrote:

Oh yeah, MeatLoaf is great. I've never owned a cd or anything, but his songs are definitely unique & fun. I also like him in whatever movies parts he's had.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

he was cool in fight club....that big dude with boobs from abusing steroids 16

anyway i'm not a fan, but i heard he is amazing live

james that cheesy tune in the 90's was "i'd do anything for love (but i wont do that)"

dragster
 Rep: 2 

dragster wrote:

I bought the LP when it came out....I liked the way he inserted the phrase "I bet you say that to every........" in one of the songs! smile

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I have BOOH 1 & 2 but I've never actually listened to 2.  1 is great for singing along with, especially 'You took the words right out of my mouth'.  I love the Rocky Horror Show and have a soft spot for him because he was Eddy in that.  His song from RHS 'Whatever happened to saturday night' is good too.

dragster
 Rep: 2 

dragster wrote:

BOOH is a unique album....a bit underrated when it hit the streets, but well-produced and arranged.

Board footer