You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Paradise City Pulled from Slash's Solo Album

Smoking Guns wrote:

I too kind of liked the cover...  But not mad its not on there... He should have given them Mother Maria... Mother Maria is a very good tune!

This album is going to be huge anyway, with or without...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

i doubt it.. if so, it would have to be removed from the Sahara single which it hasn't to my knowledge.

I think Slash realized he was pissing off fans with it and the "Legal" issues is a nice copout without having to admit it was horrible.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ I personally really dug it...but you might be right as I seem to be in a minority.

I tell you what, as much as I don't go in for Axl vs Slash and love them both, if Axl ever releases the robin fink version of AFD, then Slash should redo all of AFD with Fergie.

It would give the people of the net (like us lol) ith no life an absolute thrill, we wouldn't know who to start hating on first!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

The song sucked but if Axl had anything to do with it being removed it's a douchebag move even though the album will be better off without it.

Okay, not there are times where I might agree with this sentiment, but here I do not agree with it whatsoever.

That cover is done by a former GNR bandmate, and on top of that he fucking rapes the hell out of the song.  If Axl had anything to do with it, major kudos to him. 

I was wondering earlier today if Axl had heard this new version of PC.  And then I thought, "well, guess we can kiss a GNR reunion goodbye now."  16

I really don't think it  had anything to do with Axl, I think Slash just realized that the version sucked.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:

I really don't think it  had anything to do with Axl, I think Slash just realized that the version sucked.

I hope it was Axl.  For the simple fact that this one Slash deserved 100%. 

I also hope that whatever songs Slash decides to roll out during concert from either of the Illusions Axl also pulls out and blows Slash's version out of the fucking water.  I'm sorry, but if, for argument's sake, Slash pulls out Estranged- I don't want to hear anyone but Axl sing that.  Myles Kennedy is a great singer, but his voice is way too clean and neat to pull of something like that.

And like Buzzsaw said, Jesus couldn't do that song justice. 

I'm really quite angry at Slash for this version of PC.  It was unnecessary and a pile of horse shit.

Axl may have re-recorded it also, but at least he had the decency to not include a rap group and Fergie and also to not release it.  19

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I'm sorry, but if, for argument's sake, Slash pulls out Estranged- I don't want to hear anyone but Axl sing that.

Well then you're in luck. Slash owns no publishing rights to that song, and isn't even credited as a writer.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I won't miss this unnecessary and embarassing cover, however if Axl killed the release, I have to point out that he shouldn't be so touchy, after hiring guitarists who raped and butchered the classics and even shat to their corpses numerous times. He should have protected the Guns N' Roses legacy from his own employees.

Not talking about the current line-up though.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I'm sorry, but if, for argument's sake, Slash pulls out Estranged- I don't want to hear anyone but Axl sing that.

Well then you're in luck. Slash owns no publishing rights to that song, and isn't even credited as a writer.

Um, isn't Slash the one who came up with all the killer lead guitar melodies in Estranged, along with the main guitar riff?
Regardless of whether or not the initial song was Axl's idea, that song has Slash all over it, regardless of publishing rights.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think publishing rights would be a problem for a cover anyway would they? As long as it's not an adaption. I would have thought he could cover the tune, release it on an album and just pay Axl the statutory royalty. Would be a problem to put it in films and stuff, but just as an album track I don't think he could be stopped that way.

Board footer