You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Paradise City Pulled from Slash's Solo Album

apex-twin wrote:

The publishing rights for Paradise City are divided between three parties:

- Slash
- Duff
- Universal Music Group

In order for Axl to block the release, he'd need to go through Uni to file a complaint.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

It's an iTunes exclusive.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I'm sorry, but if, for argument's sake, Slash pulls out Estranged- I don't want to hear anyone but Axl sing that.

Well then you're in luck. Slash owns no publishing rights to that song, and isn't even credited as a writer.

No I'm not in luck.  No one can stop Slash from pulling the song out live.  That's how cover bands exist.  He can play whatever song he wants live.  But if he attempts to record it then he has to go through all the legalities.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:

I really don't think it  had anything to do with Axl, I think Slash just realized that the version sucked.

I agree. He probably kept getting feedback from friends, band members, insiders, record company people.

I would've liked to have heard Slash & Cypress Hill, ashame they hadn't worked on any material, but it was probably too late at this point to record anything. Also, ashame Myles Kennedy is now on it twice, not that I don't like him or anything, but I'd have rather heard someone new who's not on it.

Oh well, I'm glad. I'm pretty open minded even with rap/hip-hop, and Cypress Hill was kinda my era growing up "Duke Duke Duke, Duke of.. Duke Duke Duke", but even I thought that cover blew.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Relistening to it again now. Fergies actually not too bad on it, it's a little too slow though for me, but it could just do without CH. Not much good about it imho.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I'm sorry, but if, for argument's sake, Slash pulls out Estranged- I don't want to hear anyone but Axl sing that.

Well then you're in luck. Slash owns no publishing rights to that song, and isn't even credited as a writer.

Um, isn't Slash the one who came up with all the killer lead guitar melodies in Estranged, along with the main guitar riff?
Regardless of whether or not the initial song was Axl's idea, that song has Slash all over it, regardless of publishing rights.

Yeah, that was one of Slash's big gripes in his book. How Axl had come in with this song that was pure piano, and Slash had put all the guitar melodies and everything to it. That one I can agree with, as you can hear Slash's input all over it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

The publishing rights for Paradise City are divided between three parties:

- Slash
- Duff
- Universal Music Group

In order for Axl to block the release, he'd need to go through Uni to file a complaint.

Universal, not Sanctuary? I know that Uni bought Sanctuary, but that company still exists, doesn't it? Does it work independent, or is it strongly controled by Uni?

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Is this track available for download? I'm like totally anti-rap in a ridiculous way, but I kind of dug that clip of it on the trailer.

Board footer