You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Paradise City Pulled from Slash's Solo Album

Sky Dog wrote:

would it just be Axl's publishing rights on the CD songs? What about say Bucket for Shackler's with Rock Band, Pitman for If The World with Body of Lies plus the single releases....wouldn't the other co writers get a draw on the CD material. Axl's goes to Uni, while the others goes in their pocket...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I'd say they had a contractual agreement to waiver any and all publishing rights to the GNR Partnership, which, as of 05/01/98, has been Axl. All writers still get their share of royalties, but I doubt Axl'd wish to relinquish partial control on the publishing rights to anyone else.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

PARADISE CITY IS AN iTUNES EXCLUSIVE

Ahh so it's probably that they have a contract with itunes not to release it in any physical format, and has nothing to do with Axl and co.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

So that was awful, but I'm going to have to tip my hat to Fergie. There, I said it, and I'll never say it again.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I don't buy the "Slash think's it's crap" argumement...he thought it was good enough for the single release....

Frankly I don't see the issue with it. No one ever peforms GNR songs as good as Axl, that is a given. But fergie is at least hitting the notes because they're in her range, which is more than can be said about the average person who attempts a GNR cover.

It's a bit odd with the CH rapping the verses, but then the lyrics do lend themselves a little to a rap beat anyway.

Listen to fergie at 2:15 hit that note Axl does when he does it live and tell me it's not good!!! I dont even like chick singers, but that shit hits the spot.

It doesnt show up on the itunes page... not sure if its still an exclusive or not.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Sorry, it's an Australian iTunes exclusive: http://itunes.apple.com/au/preorder/slash/id361277665

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's it, i'm officially taking the leap.

This is the best track from these sessions, and this rap version RULES.

There I said it. Cypress Hill owns.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

just picked up the deluxe vesrion of his album....and guess what song is on it

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

just picked up the deluxe vesrion of his album....and guess what song is on it

Don't get why they needed to confuse the whole slashite world like three times. hmm

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

may have solved it....

the label is Dikk Hayd Records LLC

in Canada it seems to be under the Universal Umbrella...in the UK Dik Hayd seems to be under EMI, make sense if Universal doesnt want to allow the competition to get royalties from one of their back catalogue

EMI is also carriying this album in the US

weird that different lables get different pieces of the pie in different countries

Board footer