You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: "Beautiful Dangerous"

mickronson wrote:

I hear Axl in every note..or what could be anyway..Axl, FFS.. pull your head from your ass and get the real band back together.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Intersting. BLS-Pride has ate his words. I like the song. The beginning of the chours is a straight rip off of another song's hook melody but I can't name it now. It will come to me.

Axlin I would say "Watch This" is the best song.

For some reason this song sort of reminds me of Shinedown's "Sound of Madness", but I don't know why.

The beginning melody to the chorus is so close too lady gaga's paparazzi

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mickronson wrote:

I hear Axl in every note..or what could be anyway..Axl, FFS.. pull your head from your ass and get the real band back together.

Axl could rip this song a new asshole, that being said, Fergie held her own with this one!  If you took Slash's best ideas from this album and gave them to axl to replace some of the less popular tracks on CD, imagine what CD could have been with a 50% Axl 50% Slash....  Oh well, back on topic, this would be a good single.

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

If you took Slash`s best ideas since 1993 and gave them to axl, he`d reject them all.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
mickronson wrote:

If you took Slash`s best ideas since 1993 and gave them to axl, he`d reject them all.

And he'd be right in doing so.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If you took Slash's best ideas from this album and gave them to axl

I've been thinking that since 5'Oclock somewhere. According to slash axl rejected it, according to Axl that wasn't how it went. Who knows. But I always think you add a bit of Axl to those rifs and you'd hit vintage GNR pretty quick. Not that it's not cool anyway. Likewise, as much as l like CD as it is, and as much as it's got a bit of a different style, you add slash to stuff like catcher, twat and TIL and it would also be a very vintage GNR album in seconds. That's why i find the idea that either slash or axl has lessened in quality since the breakup of GNR laughable, as both their seperate works are very very much show pieces for exactly the half of what they brought to the GNR blend, and exactly what they can do, and how damn good each of them really are.

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

I`m warming to this song a lot, more and more BUT the solo is a big let down for me.  It does not fit the song at all, and forget the Smiths intro,  I mean the tempo and vibe set by the fergie and the rest of the song, then he gives you an out of place solo that could be from any song whatsoever.. but its still a good song...I think it should be a single..

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The album isn't "over" with me, but songs like Ghost & Back In Cali are starting to grow on me.

Ghost is a decent Cult song.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, Back from Cali is a catchy as song, a lot of these songs are growing on me.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Ghost has grown on me so much, that i've actually dusted off my Cult catalog, and am starting to go back through it.

Board footer