You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: "Beautiful Dangerous"

monkeychow wrote:

FUCK YES!!

I'm predicting I'll be alone...but something about the Fergie/Slash combo just works for me! I'm not really a fan of female vocalists in rock much overall, but when she hits that chorus it just rules.....could have used a more epic solo of some kind...but I'm into it!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I think it stands out a lot more than the other songs we've heard so far.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

As I expected, this is WORLDS better than the live version that popped up last week.  This will be the track that will surprise the most people.  Pretty catchy tune overall.  I love the bridge into the chorus.  However, my only complaint is I don't like the "Danger,,,,, Danger" part of the chorus.  Minor thing though. 

I think I still place this below "By The Sword" and "Starlight" though.  I have to give the Kid Rock track another shot sometime.  I had high hopes for that one.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I really like it, Fergie has a great rock voice!!  I would expect this song to do well if it released as a single, it's very catchy and her vocals remind me of Pink at times.  I would expect it might appeal to quite a large demographic not just hard rock and Slash fans.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I really like it, Fergie has a great rock voice!!  I would expect this song to do well if it released as a single, it's very catchy and her vocals remind me of Pink at times.  I would expect it might appeal to quite a large demographic not just hard rock and Slash fans.

You think there'd be any problem getting the song played on ROCK stations?  I don't think there should be, but might some ROCK DJ's be hesitant to play a song featuring Fergie?

Also, this is the first song from the album that I've heard that hasn't sounded like Slash playing with The Cult, Ozzy, Kid Rock, etc.  Because this certainly doesn't sound like Slash playing with The Black Eyed Peas.  And I don't have to tell anyone that that's a GREAT thing.  I bet if you gave someone a blind listening test (if that even makes sense), they'd have a tough time guessing Fergie.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Okay, I am sold, this is creative, and cool!  Nice riffage!!  Oh, and I am in love with Fergie...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Glad to hear this. Easily the best song off of this album, if not the only.

The opening sounds a bit like Run DMC's cover of "Walk This Way".

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Intersting. BLS-Pride has ate his words. I like the song. The beginning of the chours is a straight rip off of another song's hook melody but I can't name it now. It will come to me.

Axlin I would say "Watch This" is the best song.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I said Walk This Way, but I listened to it again...

I think I hear a bit of GNR's "Tastes Good Don't It?"

Board footer