You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: PAUL STANLEY: DOC MCGHEE Is Not Managing GUNS N' ROSES

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

I still don't understand why those pictures are such a big deal?  So Beta and Doug had their picture taken together, what does that prove?

They're not a "big deal" per se, but it does give the letter more credibility. They also show that under the right circumstances, people outside the "circle of trust" can be let back in under the right circumstances.

Possibly Doug now(or last year anyways. this is obviously not new), who's next? Merck? SLASH??

It sets a precedent. The "yes man inner circle" accepts new and former members. There used to always be this mantra(on the surface anyways) where "you fuck Axl over, you're out of the loop permanently". That just isn't the case judging by this.

To be honest, I'm not gonna dig too deep into this. No offense to anyone in GNR or close to GNR reading this, but I honestly don't give two shits about Beta or Goldstein. I'm a fan of Axl and a few of the current members. I'm not a fan of Beta, and while Goldstein does have an obvious history(and a damn good one) with the band, I am not a fan of him either.

I find the timing of this crap more interesting than the content itself.

Does anyone here follow one or both of them on any social sites? I know that Beta on twitter was fake, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a real account somewhere.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Faldor, because Doug has been on Axl's shit list since 2001.

It'd be like Beta & Tom Zutaut having their picture together.

EDIT: Didn't see Page 2

johndivney wrote:

my favourite part was the Eminem quote, also agree with apex-twin about it being class how sanctuary paid yoda.
doug seems as mad as the rest of them.
another hilarious fucking mad moment in the GnR story. it's been a great year so far. thanks again Retribution.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It's either fake, or very scary. It sounds like a teenager writing it. My forum posts are better formulated than that.

Superbly ass-kissed though. 10/10 in my book.

I think I'll just lay back and not say it's real or fake. You never know in the world of GNR. It's real in terms of "fun" and that's what matters.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

It's either fake, or very scary. It sounds like a teenager writing it. My forum posts are better formulated than that.

Superbly ass-kissed though. 10/10 in my book.

I think I'll just lay back and not say it's real or fake. You never know in the world of GNR. It's real in terms of "fun" and that's what matters.

My thoughts exactly. It's either a shitty fake, or the reality is unbelievably scary.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Not taking a stand as to whether it's real or not (obviously), but I can tell you one thing.

My experience in the music industry has shown me that the truth is often stranger than fiction.

I can only imagine the level of insanity that would go into a band operating on GNR-level, particularly if they appear as mismanaged as GNR.

===

Dougie also forgot to mention that while busy promoting Axl's career, he got a pretty lucrative promotion for himself.

"Sanctuary today continued its expansion in the United States music market with the announcement that rock superstars Guns N' Roses and their long time manager, Doug Goldstein, are to join the Group.

Goldstein, who has been with the band since its first album and over its 75,000,000 record sales, will become Co-President of Sanctuary Music Management based at the company's new Los Angeles offices which are due to open in mid-May." (Dust N' Bones mailing list, 04/24/01)

The negotiations likely happened in early 2001, possibly after RIR3 and the recruiting of Tom Zutaut. By hindsight, it would've been a good business move to get more muscle behind Axl on a management level. The album could've come out in somewhere around late 2001 / early 2002 and Sanctuary started planning the US tour with Clear Channel soon after the merger took place.

It's safe to assume that Merck moved in because of the RIR3 appearance and the hype factor around CD. He wouldn't have probably done so if he would've known that Tom Zutaut was already busy in the studio, trying to pull the album together despite Axl.

Just goes on to show there's always big business surrounding GNR and regardless of the letter, money has the power to make people a bit funny in the head.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Rose festival.  Oh dear... If this is real, that's one of the funniest things I've read.  Not that a Rose festival wouldn't work, but the dollars and volumes are ridiculous.

And feeding starving kids happy meals really wouldn't help anyone.  Maybe if they gave them a leg of lamb or something...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

LOL that letter is pure fantasy, more than likely it was penned by one of the GNR forum loony's that has had umpteen aliases over the years. Copying and pasting personal pictures from other peoples facebook accounts doesnt add a microdot of legitimacy to it.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I dunno with GNR the insane parts of the story usually end up being true.  That was a really long winded letter though.  Maybe he was trying to write in a stream of conciousness tone.  Whatever it was it was entertaining. 

Regarding the timing, I think that was around the time that Azoff was getting hired and rehired last year.  I remember the NY Post had a tibit about that.  THe Post isn't a really reputable source for info though.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I know what it reminds me of....when MJ called Uri Geller in reply to Uri's "brilliant" idea of MJ being the first pop star on the moon...as in doing the Moonwalk on the moon.

MJ called back saying it sounded like a great idea...he would LOVE to be the first pop star on the moon.

Maybe not that extreme, but you know...still.

Board footer